Lab Results

Where is Congress on this issue?

With their collective head in their pooper...just like on just about every issue.

Of course the hard line Democrats felt that Mrs. Pelosi was just what the doctor ordered...

It is important to note however, the only ones that have the right to bitch and moan, are people that actually took the time to vote.

Enough of that rant. I rest my case.

I'm very lucky. That has not happened the the handful of Life cases I have. The FMO I use (#1 knows them) always asks about readings and what paramed company each insurance company uses, and when to submit one with apps, etc.

On the very few Life cases I have, my FMO has always encouraged me to get the applicant to obtain those records from the docs office, and submit with app.

It's worked all 8 times. Thus far. I've got two cases in underwriting now - will keep you abreast.

By the time they are finished we will all be able to get 10 yr term policy for just slightly more than the cost of a highly loaded UL policy rate of today.

You could not be more wrong.

It will be a zero premium life plan.

Just like zero premium health insurance.

And zero premium homeowners insurance (for those who lost homes in floods, fires or tornado's).

And zero premium housing, food and other necessities.

The government will provide it all at no cost to you.

You could not be more wrong.

It will be a zero premium life plan.

Just like zero premium health insurance.

And zero premium homeowners insurance (for those who lost homes in floods, fires or tornado's).

And zero premium housing, food and other necessities.

The government will provide it all at no cost to you.

... Now if I could just get a little food, I'd be all set. Wait, I can get that! No need to work, and I can live better than you!

Like it was suggested earlier the applicant may not have been fasting prior to the exam. here's the thing some insurance companies require a 12 fast some prefer it and some require less then a 12 hour fast but either way the insurance company typically still wants the examiner to go ahead and do the blood work work even if the applicant has not fasted. As far as the elevated liver enzymes it could have been elevated if the applicant had a few drinks the night before the exam it couldhave been just 1 or 2 glasses of wine it doesn not have to be a party drinking binge). What should have been explained to the applicant prior to the exam is how long he should have been fasting and to also not eat any foods high in fat or cholestrol 24 hours before the exam and to also drink no alcohol 24 hours before the exam. As an examiner that has worked both for the national exam companies and directly with agents I can tell you that the examiners for the national companies do not always explain the fasting and no alcohol procedures or why it needs to be done and why it benefits your applicant when they call to sch the exam because that examiner has no vested interest in you the agent. To that examiner for the national company the agent is just name on the order ticket and the examiner will not resch the exam if they find out the applicant has just eaten a double cheese buger and fries because the examiner does not get paid if the exam is not done and the examiner does not want to waste a trip for nothing.
For a direct examiner that works with agents directly you will find this type of issue very rare because we have a vested interest in taking care of you the agent and your clients even if it means going out to do an exam and having to resch it because the client forgot about the procedures. A direct examiner will call the client 24 hours before the exam to remind them of the fasting and no alcohol requirements 1) minimize faulty test results 2) minimize the possibility of the examiner having to resch the exam and the examiner losing money and delaying the policy getting approved. These are just a few of the benefits of using a inependent examiner vs the national exam companies if you would like to know more or how to get in contact with a direct examiner in your area let me know I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

Exam done following a fast.

No alcohol . . . ever.

Appealing to Banner. If they refuse to change their offer, we go to another carrier.

if the applicant fasted properly and did not drink alcohol then it probably is a lab mistake. I did an exam a few months back for an agent the applicant is a non smoker but his urine test came back positive for cotinine and the applicant was rated as a smoker. The lab redid the test and it was negative fight it labs do make mistakes they just don't like to admit it its's always someone elses fault the applicant or the examiner.

Does your client take any medications regularly? Certain meds can cause an elevated liver enzyme reading. I got this med list off of Home Page -- American Academy of Family Physicians.

Common Agents That Can Cause Liver Transaminase Elevations
Medications
Herbal supplements/vitamins
Acetaminophen
Chaparral leaf
Amiodarone (Cordarone)
Ephedra
Amoxicillin- clavulanic acid
Gentian
Carbamazepine (Tegretol)
Germander
Fluconazole (Diflucan)