Land Of Lincoln

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
For what it's worth my GA told us today that Land of Lincoln will be as competitive as BCBS but their networks are going to be hospital networks not regular PPO. Last I checked they were with Health Link but that was last year.

In my opinion, you need to be 20% cheaper than BCBS, when you're a no-name start-up that's dependent on the government for funding, and the new Republican Congress is vowing to start dismantling ObamaCare in 2015.

BCBS-IL will remain standing after Land-Of-Lincoln Health is defunded and its customers moved to major carriers. This is just one agent's opinion, of course.

For what it's worth my GA told us today that Land of Lincoln will be as competitive as BCBS but their networks are going to be hospital networks not regular PPO. Last I checked they were with Health Link but that was last year.

November 17, 2014

I was amazed to find out after Open Enrollment commenced this past weekend, that Land of Lincoln is indeed not only less expensive than BCBSIL in the outer Chicago suburbs, but has revamped their PPO Network as well. It's now just as large as the big Blue-PPO.

I submitted my online contracting paperwork with Land of Lincoln Health today, because 2 existing BCBSIL clients want to change to Land of Lincoln. The contracting department told me that they pay 5.5% and it's a level commission year-to-year.

BTW...it becomes obvious that Land of Lincoln Health is connected with the government, when you're filling out the online contracting paperwork. I entered my National Producer Number and most of the fields auto-populated with my personal information.
ac

Hey allen who did you sign up with Land of Lincoln with because my IMO is taking forever to get that contracting to me.

Also the networks don't look that big unless I'm missing something. From what I see you have to use the Advocate Hospitals otherwise your out of network. Am I wrong about this.

Hey allen who did you sign up with Land of Lincoln with because my IMO is taking forever to get that contracting to me.

Also the networks don't look that big unless I'm missing something. From what I see you have to use the Advocate Hospitals otherwise your out of network. Am I wrong about this.

Sam,
Just go to https://www.landoflincolnhealth.org/brokers/ and click on the "Get Contracted" icon. You fill out and submit the paperwork online. Takes about 20 minutes. Then, call 312.906.6108 and confirm that the documents were received. (A very nice lady is handling all aspects of the contracting.) The system was down over the weekend, but on Monday, I was able to successfully submit.

The Networks are OUTSTANDING, Sam. Out here in the Fox Valley, they trump the Blue Choice PPO and Blue Precision HMO offerings. The premiums are lower too. NOTE: This is MUCH IMPROVED over 2014. While at the website, click around and do some research into the Networks. Also read the descriptions of how the 3 Network Levels work.

-Allen

I looked in McHenry Co., and the networks covers most everything major, similar to BCBS. And it was 10% less (approx.) in cost.

Not bad. Still curious if they'll survive, but we'll see.

I looked in McHenry Co., and the networks covers most everything major, similar to BCBS. And it was 10% less (approx.) in cost.

Not bad. Still curious if they'll survive, but we'll see.

With the new Congress swearing that they will start dismantling ObamaCare by reducing funding for key aspects of the law, and Land of Lincoln being financially propped up by ACA funding...

When LOL folds, it will create a Special Enrollment Period for the LOL policyholders.

BTW.. LOL contracting is nothing like private insurance. As a typical government entity, they actually do a full background check. It's been a week since I submitted by paperwork and I'm still not contracted!
ac

Contracting Information Update: Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Word is getting around that outside of the Chicago City Limits, Land of Lincoln Health has lower premiums than the Blue PPO plans, and a Broader Network than the Blue Choice PPO plans AND the Blue Precision HMO plans.

As a result, Land of Lincoln Health is experiencing a large backlog of brokers registering to sell plans.

I called on 11/24/2014 find out why I had not received any confirmation that my agent contracting request had been approved...or even received. The very nice lady in charge told me that once you hit the "Submit" button, you are electronically contracted by the software, unless there was a problem with your license, E&O, etc.. In which case, they would call you for additional information. She says that they are sending out "contracting approved" notifications, but it's done manually, and right now they're swamped.

Here's how you can tell if you're contracted. Go to https://www.landoflincolnhealth.org/ and press the "Shop For Plans" button. At the bottom of the resulting page, you'll see a box where you enter "Broker Code". Enter your National Producer Number and press the "Search For Broker" button. If your name appears, you're contracted/licensed with Land of Lincoln Health. Your NPN is your Agent Number with LOLH.

I wrote two LOL plans after learning that I was contracted. The more we write, the more Blue Cross will take notice. BCBSIL has been showing some disturbing tendencies lately regarding treatment of it's brokers. Their 93% market share might have BCBSIL feeling a little invincible, and considering agents as optional? I applaud Land of Lincoln for taking on BIG BLUE by providing better value than BCBSIL in a broad geographic area of Illinois.

Hopefully, LOLH's product fulfillment /customer service / claims payment systems are up to par. If they are, I plan on sending them a LOT of business this Open Enrollment..and beyond.
-Allen

December 17, 2014 UPDATE

Unfortunately, Land of Lincoln Health is starting off on the wrong foot for 2015 enrollment.

1. I have received ZERO e-mails from them with Info of Interest to contracted Brokers.

2. The Broker Portal is still not built.

3. The commission schedule is NOT in print. Verbal only. (red flag)

4. Applicants have not received anything at all from LOLH. No phone calls, no emails, no snail mail.

5. To top it off, here's a recent interview with the LOL President, Dan Yunker, regarding how his company "values" agents and brokers. Note: Have puke bag close by.... Link: Five minutes with

There are other issues...but they're pretty much moot at this point. What worries and concerns me the most is that Land of Lincoln Health may not pay medical claims accurately and in a timely manner.

Oh well, I made sure the clients who demanded LOLH were informed that they are being willing guinea pigs. If things don't pan out quickly, I'm going to advise them to pay a bit more premium, and switch to BCBS-IL before Open Enrollment comes to an end.
-ac

regarding #3, I have an e-mail from someone on their staff that states the commission rate. For what it's worth, they've also confirmed my client enrollments as being in the system.

Back