Landing Page Bounce Rate/Redirects/ranking

scagnt83

Worldwide Expert of Everything
5000 Post Club
I am worried about bounce rate on my site.
I have quote links on the homepage but the link leads to a quote system that is a different url.

So if they do what many people looking for a term quote do, they will click the link (which is the point) and go to the ezlife-quote/sales system.

To help with bounce rate I assume the best thing to do would be to have the quote buttons link to an internal page that then redirects them to the quote-system?
Would this fix the bounce rate problem? Would there need to be a time lag in redirecting to the other site?

What would be the best way to fix this?

What is your bounce rate? Do you have access to analytics on the clicks that you have passed to the rater? How does that bounce rate look?

My current bounce rate is 43%.
I am planning on doing some marketing which will include ppc, but I dont want things to go well (ie: people clicking the quote buttons), and be shooting myself in the foot at the same time by having them bounce right off of my site. Does that make sense?
Plus I read somewhere that page rankings & ppc can be affected by bounce rate and quality scores..

Regarding bounce rates: they are always high with life insurance sites. Don't compare your bounce rate to other industries - we're a different animal. Your bounce rate is fine.

You can try iframing the EZlife quote page.

Or just put the EZlife quoter on the landing page. Example:
Should You Buy No Exam Life Insurance? - Good Financial Cents | Financial Planning and Retirement Blog (click on "compare quotes in under 3 minutes" at the top)

Ideally, the best way is to pay a programmer to do it and set analytics up throughout your site. Best money I've ever spent on my site. Being able to make tweaks to the funnel to increase conversions/leads is huge if you have decent traffic.

Is your bounce rate from organic search visitors or forum visitors? What is your avg time on site?

Thats the thing, it is mainly from forum visitors.
Forum visitors are at 46%.
Organic visitors are at 26%.
Average duration is 16 for organic visitors.

So its actually a good bounce rate based on organic traffic.

But I have also changed website designs recently, and I am worried that a ppc campaign might cause a rise in the bounce rate.
Especially if I am targeting "term quotes" and those people just immediately click on the quote link.

Maybe I am just over thinking it
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Regarding bounce rates: they are always high with life insurance sites. Don't compare your bounce rate to other industries - we're a different animal. Your bounce rate is fine.

You can try iframing the EZlife quote page.

Or just put the EZlife quoter on the landing page. Example:
Should You Buy No Exam Life Insurance? - Good Financial Cents | Financial Planning and Retirement Blog (click on "compare quotes in under 3 minutes" at the top)

Ideally, the best way is to pay a programmer to do it and set analytics up throughout your site. Best money I've ever spent on my site. Being able to make tweaks to the funnel to increase conversions/leads is huge if you have decent traffic.

I thought about that option for the ezlife system, but I was hoping to make the "ez-link" work. I just kind of like it better.. but maybe it doesnt convert as well... idk

Last edited:
But I have also changed website designs recently, and I am worried that a ppc campaign might cause a rise in the bounce rate.
Especially if I am targeting "term quotes" and those people just immediately click on the quote link.

Are you going to have a professional landing page created? If not, I would not invest in ppc until you do.

Are you going to have a professional landing page created? If not, I would not invest in ppc until you do.

I had thought about creating one. This would be me "playing" with ppc more than investing in it. And I plan to target local.

I am in the process of wrapping my head around ppc

Last edited:
A. Hire a designer. Your site is too busy and confusing for somebody visiting for the 1st time.
B. The slider function serves no purpose. You have two main goals:

1. Get visitors to get a free quote so that they hopefully fill out app. The slider is distracting and takes way the focus of your call to action button.

2. Click around your website looking for information that makes them comfortable that you're the guy they want to buy life insurance from. Your About Page should be more prominent and have more information about you and your company. Add pictures/videos, more personality.

3. Definitely Add the Quoter. Your button says "Get Term Quotes" but you don't really offer them that. By providing the quotes I'm fairly certain your bounce rate should drop some.

Back