Landline transfer alternatives

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
I may be nomadic for a bit or longer. Not sure yet.

Looking to sell my house for a few different reasons. However, am not sure where or if I am going to buy yet. Playing with the idea of staying in a couple different places for months at a time. Including different states.

Currently I forward my landline to my Google Voice number which forwards to my cell and laptop. My GVoice is the number I give out to clients. However, my landline is the number many older clients have because I have had it Xs 20+ years.

I think it was @Newby that recommended porting to a burner cell then forward it to our cells.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I may be nomadic for a bit or longer. Not sure yet.

Looking to sell my house for a few different reasons. However, am not sure where or if I am going to buy yet. Playing with the idea of staying in a couple different places for months at a time. Including different states.

Currently I forward my landline to my Google Voice number which forwards to my cell and laptop. My GVoice is the number I give out to clients. However, my landline is the number many older clients have because I have had it Xs 20+ years.

I think it was @Newby that recommended porting to a burner cell then forward it to our cells.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Just find the cheapest mobile plan and port your landline number there. Send an email with your "new" number to those old clients or better yet, call them all (maybe some new business?) and tell them to update your phone number.

Re-evaluate in a year or two to see if you need to keep the new mobile/old landline number.

Forward to your actual cell phone per Newby.

I still have a few clients/agents from back in the day that have my actual cell number but those folks have decreased substantially over the years and now call my "office line (ringcentral)" which also forwards to my cell.

Latest posts

Back