Lap Band Surgery

Does anyone know of any health insurance that will cover lap band surgery? In missouri

What? No insurance company will cover this procedure??
This is a travesty of injustice!
Hopefully the Obama Administration will solve this problem.
You should be able to purchase a one day health policy, get this procedure done, and then cancel the policy.

I thought she was asking who will insure her with the LB surgery already done......

I thought she was asking who will insure her with the LB surgery already done......

I have no idea, but you may be right. At any rate, since the question was so brief, Dobi is probably posting his/her question on several forums. A simple Google Search would give her the answer whether it's a pre or post-surgery inquiry.

A simple Google Search would give her the answer whether it's a pre or post-surgery inquiry.

Doubt it.

The link you provided is essentially useless with regard to individual health insurance.

This link show states where bariatric surgery is mandated by law. You won't find carriers offering to cover the cost of surgery unless required by law.

Only 7 states mandate treatment for morbid obesity. The report does not indicate, but my guess is most, of not all, apply to group health plans only.

Why not take personal responsibility and control your calorie intake, thereby avoiding having to have lap band surgery.
Just a thought.

Back