Large Lead Companies VS Independent Producers

sjconsulting

How is it that agents can go out and buy leads from companies that other agents already ousted? If someone told me the stove is hot, you may get burned, I surely wouldnt touch it. I am so surprised that companies like insuremenow and prospect zone are still in business. Why support the large companies that care nothing about quality, only about quantity? The large companies know that there are always new agents being produced, a new sucker being born with every licensing class. It almost seems like its a rite of passage or getting your cherry broke by getting burned by one of these companies. Take it from me, I know, I used to work for one of these large companies who offered exclusive telemarketed leads. We had clients like Gary Beck with Universal Marketing and Rodney Culp with Empower in Texas, but we also had a number of smaller agents who were considered casualties of war. These were the guys we promised the world to but who were spending next to nothing with us so do you think we cared? Guys try an idependent telemarketer who will listen to your needs and can tailor a lead program to you and the products that you have. Find someone who will take some time with you and go over the criteria for what you want in a lead, what information you will need to be successful as their success is dependent on yours. There is a basic formula for a "good" lead, but for each agent with unique products there are always different qualifying criteria. I could go on and continue to rant and rave about this but I came on this site not to advertise just to give a piece of advice. Stay away from the large companies, the ones who require a large financial commitment upfront and try some alternatives, like hiring your own good independent telemarketer. They are out there. :cool:
</IMG>

The longer I'm in the biz, the more the topic of internet leads is a "non subject."

If you're on your game, work a batch of 50 from a vendor and work them correctly. It'll cost you around $400. They either pan our or they don't. If they don't, cancel.

Beyond that, don't see much of a reason for 80 page discussions on internet leads.

The longer I'm in the biz, the more the topic of internet leads is a "non subject."

If you're on your game, work a batch of 50 from a vendor and work them correctly. It'll cost you around $400. They either pan our or they don't. If they don't, cancel.

Beyond that, don't see much of a reason for 80 page discussions on internet leads.

Would you rather discuss zero premium life?

Rick

No right or wrong answers here. I have posted extensively on internet leads because over the years, I bought as much as anyone.

Lead quality has reduced, although you can still make money using them. Just research how the leads were generated, which key words were used and the route the lead takes after you buy it (ie how many times was it sold AND RESOLD).

My EBOOK on leads will be finished one of these days. And yes...it will be free. No signup, no fees and no obligation.

how about what great pets praying mantis make.........

I know what we need. Another thread about GI health insurance.

After all, every knows that health insurance is a ripoff. No reason I can't buy it a day before my heart surgery and gastric bypass and cancel as I get in my car afterwards.

Internet leads as a whole are suspect, especially if you think your getting something labeled "exclusive". I don't think a 30 page thread is necessary either but a little warning is always good. Back on the track, what are your experiences with exclusive telemarketed leads? Something targeted to the agents needs, in a geographical area thats relevant. Telemarketed leads are the only leads that can truly be exclusive. Now where you get them from is just as important as a lot of companies offer exclusive telemarketed leads, there are also a few techniques that can be used to guarantee the exclusivity of a lead such as mentioning the agents name and firm. I dont ever think asking a lead company to set appointments is a good idea because if that was the case they could also ask the prospect to print out and sign their own ap, that seems to be asking for a lot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Another thought, who ever said health insurance is dead?! No... I see that the few agents I work with are actually licensed for both life and health. It works really well when searching for prospects especially targeting the small business owners who have to provide for themselves as well as their families. Maybe your just hunting the wrong animal.
:goofy:

Last edited:
Back