Las Vegas Agent Turned Indep. Has WHOLESALER Questions!! Plz Help a Newby :p

Hello,

I have been a direct agent for about 9 months with Farmers and am starting the process to becoming an independent. I have currently applied with several carriers for appointments. I have my Health & Life but am seeking Commercial & P&C. Do wholesalers like Superrior Access let you use their appointments for a fee? Or do you still have to be appointed by those companies individually? I appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Hi,

We use Superior Access and we pay $110 a month to have access to the carrier they have. You are not appointed with the companies with Superior Access. One thing to remember is that you do not have binding authority. Hope that helps

Holy hell, I would not move from L&H to commercial P&C. I'd go do personal lines first, which SA can also help with. There is a LOT going on with commercial and if you don't even have the license yet, you definitely don't know what you are doing.

Perhaps work on doing employee benefits and doing a group discount on the personal lines P&C like with Safeco or someone else? That would be a good way to work on what you are doing while also transitioning into the P&C.

SA is good though, so is Agent Secure. I heard Market Scout isn't bad either though I have no experience with them at all.

I hear good things about SIAA. Very competitive carriers and back office support but also comes with a fairly large upfront fee in most cases

Back