Laser Printer Recommendations

If b&w works, I have used HP printers for years. They are like tanks. I have 2 1018's that have chugged along for years. Order reconditioned laser cartridges from Amazon for next to nothing.

That being said, if you are going to do mass mailings, hundreds of pieces, and design them yourself, print one and take it to Office Depot, Staples, etc and let them print them for you. Much easier than burning up your printer and less time consuming.

In the past I have had them do card stock post cards for me. Drop them off and pick them up later.

Next thing I will get will be a color laser all in one. I have one a laser printer and inkjet all in one. Would like to make some more room on my desk....

I've been researching this myself. Do you want an all-in-one (scanner, copier, fax) or just a printer?

Color or b&w depends on what you plan to print.

I swore never to buy another HP because of their decision to hobble a large part of their older but still functioning units by not designing fully functional Windows 7 drivers. Having said that, I MIGHT hold my nose and get the HP 8600 Inkjet.

More information about what you plan to print will help decide between laser / inkjet, color / b&w, etc.

I agree that HP's rock! I would consider making a master and taking to Staples etc. but you might also check with a local print shop to price. The more the print the cheaper they are.

I have a 500 lb HP all in one, and i bought it for 50 bucks from a computer recycle guy. It squeaks but it prints like a beast. I use it for my marketing flyers. It prints duplex in full color.

makes me want to get rid of my canon b&w and just get a new color one. but news ones are expensive.... i know staples always sells them for 600-1200 dollars then after you buy it they have a half off sale!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
btw DHK did you do the free color printer thing? it looks VERY intriguing but i do i pay more for supplies over ebay?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back