Lasso MSA

My state has two MSA carriers...Security Health and Network Health...we have sold both ...for the most part very few issues..it is a niche product for sure...no way would I sell it to an unhealthy client.

My state has two MSA carriers...Security Health and Network Health...we have sold both ...for the most part very few issues..it is a niche product for sure...no way would I sell it to an unhealthy client.

See this I dont understand

I don't see why I would sell a med supp, An MA plan with copays and reasonable network or even a high deductible G before this product

The only way I see this is a fit is for someone who has a major condition, For instance, Had a prospect this AEP had Cancer wanted to go to mayo in another state,

He can not get Supp

And no other MA gives him the flexibility

Apart from that, I don't see selling to a healthy person, Who would probably be a better fit with other products even High G in some cases

Caveat, not an agent.

I have answered 2 questions inside the quote.

Look over here..........let me redirect you. ("squirrel")
Don't want to overwhelm a simple mind, so this may be clearer. It doesn't matter what makes up the $1000:

What if I were to tell you the $1000 was for yearly dental expenses (cash price to make it simple). Now does an MSA make sense? NO

What if the $1000 were all Rx copays on part D drug plan (in network pharmacy, to get ahead of some off the wall question). Don't you have any clients that are in great health, only take 5 meds, and see the Dr twice a year? (no need to answer) Would an MSA makes sense for this person? NO

Stop trying to label every client a square peg, and thinking that everyone here tries to shove them in a round hole. Last time I checked, few of my clients were in exactly the same health or financial situation, and not all products are suitable for every person.

Caveat, not an agent.

You obviously have a bias against successful rich people, as noted in your many posts.
It's probably why you butt heads with all the veteran successful agents on the board. You can't stand that we get paid well for solving people's health and wealth problems.

Once you crawl out of your poor close minded poor liberal world, you'd recognize MSA's are for poor people too. Unless you feel they don't deserve the kind of health care that person of wealth does, or to .

1. A friend with heart condition, on a regular MAPD plan, needed heart surgery, only Mayo Clinic could do it, out of network, he DIED. If the MSA was available, he might have lived being able to choose any doctor to save his life. (But, you'll claim I did it for the commission)

2. A lower income prospect who hits the MOOP on MAPD of $6000 every year, can't afford the free MAPD plan. If they move to the rich person's MSA, they would reduce their MOOP to a net $4000. But she doesn't move, because it's for rich people per LD.

When you actually have conversations with real people, you'll find the MSA is a tool to be used for any appropriate/suitable human being.

There is your lesson for the day, go away.

Point 2 excerpted from unexpanded quote above (I added red coloring to some text):

2. A lower income prospect who hits the MOOP on MAPD of $6000 every year, can't afford the free MAPD plan. If they move to the rich person's MSA, they would reduce their MOOP to a net $4000. But she doesn't move, because it's for rich people per LD.

Not per LD. See quote from your link and citation below (I added red coloring to some text):

Who are MSAs Meant For?
An active senior looking to save for future costs who pays for only the recommended doctor’s appointments and checkups in a given year is a model MSA client.

Think: Your neighbor who is constantly on the run, meeting with friends, taking walks around their neighborhood, remembers their daily vitamin, and is constantly working in their yard. They may take a few medications, but overall their health is exemplary. This low-risk client could benefit from minimal health costs through the year and the flexibility of rolling the remainder of their balance over to the next.

Conversely, seniors with various ongoing health concerns and costs are not ideal for this plan.

Quote exerpted from unexpanded quote above:

Conversely, seniors with various ongoing health concerns and costs are not ideal for this plan

And it is an open question as to how much the person giving up the MAPD will have to pay for PDP and prescriptions-a cost to be added back to your $4,000.

Caveat, not an agent.

Point 2 excerpted from unexpanded quote above (I added red coloring to some text):

Not per LD. See quote from your link and citation below (I added red coloring to some text):

Quote exerpted from unexpanded quote above:

And it is an open question as to how much the person giving up the MAPD will have to pay for PDP and prescriptions-a cost to be added back to your $4,000.

Isn't that "pitch" totally non compliant with CMS? I thought you couldn't steer healthy people into a certain plan.....

I don't see selling to a healthy person, Who would probably be a better fit with other products even High G in some cases

You have healthy clients who enjoy forking over hundreds of $ year after year to insurers for supplement premiums for "no networks" out-of-pocket spending 'protection' they may need year in 15-20 years, vs "free" coverage that puts thousands of $ in their pocket every year?

Maybe you need to explain its features differently

You have healthy clients who enjoy forking over hundreds of $ year after year to insurers for supplement premiums for "no networks" out-of-pocket spending 'protection' they may need year in 15-20 years, vs "free" coverage that puts thousands of $ in their pocket every year?

Maybe you need to explain its features differently

Basically, you are attempting to reopen an MA vs MedSupp discussion.

Jeff Fowler is asking an entirely different question. Information answering his question would be useful to a number of people.

Latest posts

Back