Latest trends in commissions & bonuses

retread

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kansas
I'm starting a new thread because of the importance of the new season approaching and consequently new contracts.:cool:

Yesterday, at a Secure Horizons pitch, the commission proposed for next year seems to be the same for a MAPD ($400 street level), but a comment was made about a $60 bonus for online submission. Apparently, so many (86% was the number given) applications have had errors or omissions, that they decided that they could cut down on them by having them screened with software at the point of submission. If you have a laptop (they are being provided company expense to captives) you can avail yourself of this. Stand by for more details as I dig into this.:skeptical:

Please add your discoveries as you come across them.:)

Went to Coventry re-certification today. They disclosed 2008 products for HMO/PPO areas in W Missouri/E Kansas.

Nice additions... will be 7 counties along border in KS as well as 7 for MO, all at $0 premium, and lowered co-pays, MOOP, etc. This is gonna drive a stake in Humana, I think!:yes: Introducing SNPs. Improving benefits in all plans....

Commissions raised to $400 street level.:biggrin:

C'mon guys... post your info for all to see. :)

I'm starting a new thread because of the importance of the new season approaching and consequently new contracts.:cool:

Yesterday, at a Secure Horizons pitch, the commission proposed for next year seems to be the same for a MAPD ($400 street level), but a comment was made about a $60 bonus for online submission. Apparently, so many (86% was the number given) applications have had errors or omissions, that they decided that they could cut down on them by having them screened with software at the point of submission. If you have a laptop (they are being provided company expense to captives) you can avail yourself of this. Stand by for more details as I dig into this.:skeptical:

Are there any trailing commissions on the secure horizons MA's?

Winter

I think I am doing fairly well for all my agents and the rates I have gotten for MA plans. Tell me what you think:

Aetna $440/425/400 GA, Special Agent, Agent
Chesapeake $350/330/300 GA, Special Agent, Agent (new company)
Cigna $365/325/300 GA, Special Agent, Agent (MA Only)
Cigna RX $60/50/40

Last edited:
Ooops! I accidently hit the tab button and submitted before I was finished!! To continue.

So, the Cigna total is $425 street level with Free Leads

CIP $425/400/365 GA, Special Agent, Agent (Special Needs Plan)
Coventry $425/400/370/345/320 GA, A4, A3, A2, A1
Secure Horizons $425/375/400 GA, Special Agent, Agent (Lose
$40 for paper appl, my agents are faxing to me to input)
HealthNet $450/425/400 GA, Special Agent, Agent
Texas Comm Care $600/550/500 GA, Special Agent, Agent

I also am working on getting contracts for WellCare and a few others. We are in Texas, so I am most familiar with those MA plans. But, I think these are great rates, but we had all been captive the last couple of years, so I am newer at this negotation-thing.

Talk to y'all soon.

Retread, I think the correct terminology is that you will not LOSE $60 (I believe it is actually $40) for online submission. The street level commissions are $400 online and phone or $360 for paper applications in all states except California.

Not great news, but I would hate for someone to hold out for the $360 when it may not be out there.

Ooops! I accidently hit the tab button and submitted before I was finished!! To continue.

So, the Cigna total is $425 street level with Free Leads

Coventry $425/400/370/345/320 GA, A4, A3, A2, A1
Secure Horizons $425/375/400 GA, Special Agent, Agent (Lose
$40 for paper appl, my agents are faxing to me to input)
HealthNet $450/425/400 GA, Special Agent, Agent
Texas Comm Care $600/550/500 GA, Special Agent, Agent

I also am working on getting contracts for WellCare and a few others. We are in Texas, so I am most familiar with those MA plans. But, I think these are great rates, but we had all been captive the last couple of years, so I am newer at this negotation-thing.

Talk to y'all soon.

Is that current? That is great for CIP, I am going to have to have a talk with my FMO! We are getting $330 and there was a bonus after 20 a month but they stopped that in Arkansas.

That is also good for Coventry, have not had a reason to sell much of it but I think it is 350.

We get $400 for Wellcare and if you add their pdp that is $50 more. Plus $15 for teleapp.

Looks like you did pretty good...Scott

Retread, I think the correct terminology is that you will not LOSE $60 (I believe it is actually $40) for online submission. The street level commissions are $400 online and phone or $360 for paper applications in all states except California.

Not great news, but I would hate for someone to hold out for the $360 when it may not be out there.

No, the Manager who gave the seminar said "You will get a $60 bonus for online submission", and I stand behind the street level $400 commission. I think I know where you got your data, but please do not misquote me. This is a separate offer made here in Kansas City by Secure Horizons, not an FMO. (Furthermore, I have seen offers of $390 for paper aps from other sources). Keep in mind that there are several large FMOs that have their own contract structure. That's why I started this thread. We need to know the competing offers.

Scotfree... are you contracted with RBI? I have the same commission schedule as you apparently have for CIP. I have been waiting for RBI to announce the 2008 rates, but so far no info. I have been a little disappointed in the lack of website support for RBI, too. They promised it would be available to us earlier this year, but so far no improvement. I can't get them to issue me a password.... it is closely held to a select few, I am told. They have only recently been sending email commission reports. Now that Coventry is offering SNP for KC area, I may just use them instead of CIP. (Also, word is out that RBI absolutely will not release you from their contract! I don't know if this is true because I haven't asked.... yet.)

Back