Laydown Med Supp Sale in Massachusetts

Stephen

Guru
1000 Post Club
Medicare Eligible , employer is going out of business. Anyone licensed in MA want to give him a call ? PM me for Info.

I went ahead and called him myself and sent Part B paperwork. Still looking for an agent licensed in MA to help him across the finish line in a few weeks.

Thanks Devin , it's my understanding that there are significant differences in the MA Medicare supplement market , are you familiar ?

Pretty straight forward: MA is a GI State: and you have two choices for a supplement Core or Supplement 1 Plan, Core is less expensive and does not cover below .
  • Part A: inpatient hospital deductible.
  • Part A: skilled nursing facility coinsurance.
  • Part B: deductible.
  • Foreign travel emergency.
Supplement 1 is like a Plan F .
I think in MA there is also a fitness benefit,

If you live in Massachusetts, you have guaranteed issue rights to buy a Medigap policy, but the policies are different.

Basic benefits
  • Inpatient hospital care: covers the Part A coinsurance plus coverage for 365 additional days after Medicare coverage ends.
  • Medical costs: covers the Part B coinsurance (generally 20% of the Medicare-approved amount).
  • Blood: covers the first 3 pints of blood each year.
  • Part A hospice coinsurance or copayment.
Medigap plans
Core Plan
Covers
  • Basic
  • 60 days per calendar year of inpatient days in mental health hospitals.
  • State-mandated benefits (yearly Pap tests and mammograms. Check your plan for other state-mandated benefits).
Doesn't cover
Supplement 1 Plan
Covers
  • Basic benefits.
  • 120 days per calendar year of inpatient days in mental health hospitals.
  • State-mandated benefits including yearly Pap tests and mammograms. Check your plan for other state-mandated benefits.

Back