Lead Companies Other Than The Lead Connection

80-85 leads are fine with me. Referral heaven. The matriarch or the patriarch of the family giving me the in to a family that doesn't mail cards every week.

Not as easy but I definitely don't have a problem with them.

If you could mail any group you wanted to, what would be the lower and upper age limit for FE? In other words, while most seem to mail 50 to 80, what is the real "sweet spot" for FE sales?

Thank you

Personally I'm with The Dude, I don't care. But for agents that do care it seems to be a consensus that ages 60-77 are the sweet spots.

Jd you run into a 82 yr old smoker were the premiums are more than the policy face in 3 1/2 yrs what do you do? 83 yr old in great health but the premium is unaffordable for somebody on a fixed income. 81 yr old has policy 10 yrs old with fat cash in it and the person's in so-so health. If you do any replacing on somebody over 80 i'd definitely have the kids involved if they're close.Thats a Doi complaint ready to happen.I'm very cautious with seniors over age 80.

Jd you run into a 82 yr old smoker were the premiums are more than the policy face in 3 1/2 yrs what do you do? 83 yr old in great health but the premium is unaffordable for somebody on a fixed income. 81 yr old has policy 10 yrs old with fat cash in it and the person's in so-so health. If you do any replacing on somebody over 80 i'd definitely have the kids involved if they're close.Thats a Doi complaint ready to happen.I'm very cautious with seniors over age 80.

Whenever I replace it's in the best interest of the client. No matter the age.

I can't imagine that's a DOI complaint. But I don't worry about stuff like that. I've only had one DOI complaint ever in my career and it was by a replaced jealous agent. And that was pretty much the reply that the DOI gave that agent.

As for what I would do? I don't know. I work from leads and I set appointments. That 82 year old smoker sent in a reply card and then set an appointment with me. I'm finding out WHY? when I get there.

And I don't decide affordability for anyone. That's their decision. Many times those grand parents' WHY is they wanted insurance on the grand kids. Did one of those yesterday.

As far as leads are concerned, I'm not a complainer. I don't even know what my filters are or if I even have filters. Newby could tell you if you want to know. He will also tell you that I never mention anything about leads. If they run short a week or two I don't say anything. The folks at EFES, Chase or Ryan, will say the same thing. Early in my career I did concern myself with the wording on the lead card. Now I don't care about that either.

There's a little bit to worry about in this business. The leads aren't one of things for me. As long as I have them, that is. No leads and I would be complaining.

Last edited:
If you could mail any group you wanted to, what would be the lower and upper age limit for FE? In other words, while most seem to mail 50 to 80, what is the real "sweet spot" for FE sales?

Thank you

If I had enough population around me and not have to drive million miles and could mail any age Band I wanted I would mail only to age 64. Because I would sell them their life insurance and set myself up to sell on their Medicare insurance also.

But I don't live in that populated of an area. And I don't want to travel too far. So I mail 55 to 79. That seems to be the sweet spot for having enough people to mail to but having good sellable ages. And the age filter for that age band is not very much extra cost.

I guess ages 63 to 68 would be the ideal for me. But I don't have enough population around me and they're worth that much. And the cost of that filter on set price Leads is not worth the little extra edge it gives me to limit the ages that tightly.

Thank you

I think the sweet spots for me would be 60-78. It's very hard for me to justify in my head selling someone that's 80+ years old something that their going to pay more into that they'll get out of within just a couple of years. Not that I haven't done it, but it just makes me cringe when it happens.

I think the sweet spots for me would be 60-78. It's very hard for me to justify in my head selling someone that's 80+ years old something that their going to pay more into that they'll get out of within just a couple of years. Not that I haven't done it, but it just makes me cringe when it happens.

Does the client feel better? That is what I ask. Some older people let out this sigh of relief like they've been thinking about it forever. Insurance isn't an investment it is there to cover a loss.

You never know what could happen to them when you leave that house. But is the price ideal? No. no reason not to write it as long as you are doing it for the right reasons and aren't pushy.

When was the last time you were in the field running FE appointments?
When was the last time you wrote an application?

Does the client feel better? That is what I ask. Some older people let out this sigh of relief like they've been thinking about it forever. Insurance isn't an investment it is there to cover a loss.

You never know what could happen to them when you leave that house. But is the price ideal? No. no reason not to write it as long as you are doing it for the right reasons and aren't pushy.

I never said I wouldn't sell it to them if they really wanted it. I just said that it makes me cringe.

Back