Lead Companies Question (Auto and Homeowners)

Mizzouagent

I have a system for working email leads. I call them 5 times, email a quote and mail a quote. This work for me and I have really good success working them this way. I close about 1 out of every ten. If the lead never answers the phone or responds to my messages then I always ask for credit from my lead company because its basically saying I wasn't interested. The company I'm currently with always credits my lead but I have recently found out that not every company does this. I'm looking to amp my volume so I'm curious to know which lead companies are really good about giving credits for leads even if the correct info was given.

Almost all lead vendors, if the data given was reasonably accurate and timely, will deny a refund request. They provided the lead.

Some truths about internet leads:
- There are limited quantities. Adding another source means you'll get duplicate leads, not necessarily more leads.
- Leads are generated and then shared among internet lead providers. Most internet lead providers participate in this system (not all). It allows them to maximize their revenue stream by selling the lead more times.
- Leads are not always (or even generally) produced by the company you by them from.

What I'm getting at is if you are already working with a lead vendor you like, you should talk with them on how to get more leads, which generally means expanding the territory you are willing to work.

Increasing quantity in the same area usually leads to a much lower quality lead.

A few options:
- Start reworking the leads that you didn't close from 6 months or a year ago. Go back after them on the renewals. May not be able to call them any longer, but you can still reach out.
- Look at getting some aged leads to work. Its a way to increase volume at a low cost, though close rates are lower, but it can build your prospect pool quickly.

Dan

Back