Lead Flow Question...

olobo13

WI
I've been selling mostly life insurance and some fixed/indexed annuities for 5+ years. Over the last year my lead flow (I buy leads) has seemed to really dry up (quality and quantity). I'm just curious what everyone is doing with their lead flow to keep it going.

Thank you.

I've been selling mostly life insurance and some fixed/indexed annuities for 5+ years. Over the last year my lead flow (I buy leads) has seemed to really dry up (quality and quantity). I'm just curious what everyone is doing with their lead flow to keep it going.

Thank you.

You really need to invest in your own marketing prowess vs. relying on others to supply you with leads (even if you pay for them). PPC is not as scary as most think. Generating your own leads is the most fulfilling thing you can do in this business in my opinion. Once you realize you need to be a marketer first and an agent second, your business will take off.

I am a big fan of display advertising. It can be done using several outlets including all the major outlets and be done at a price point that is often better than buying filtered shared leads. I tend to lean on thank you page traffic, followed by retargeting.

There are a few pieces on our blog you can check out. We are constantly adding more. We are talking to our customers now about offering PPC management as a service. So far that concept has our clients highly interested. Ninja Quoter Blog

-Ninja Nic

I'm really having to rely on referrals at this point. Even over the past six months I've noticed a HUGE decline in the quality and quantity of leads, even direct mail/targeted/etc. I used to be able to drop a direct mailer, call those people up a couple days later, book myself up for the next week, and go take a nap. I now have to just grind through hundreds leads if I want to sit with anyone, and I'm suddenly getting porched a lot more.

Be interested to see what other folks think.

I'm really having to rely on referrals at this point. Even over the past six months I've noticed a HUGE decline in the quality and quantity of leads, even direct mail/targeted/etc. I used to be able to drop a direct mailer, call those people up a couple days later, book myself up for the next week, and go take a nap. I now have to just grind through hundreds leads if I want to sit with anyone, and I'm suddenly getting porched a lot more. Be interested to see what other folks think.

If you are seeing a decline, I would target a different area.

I would always try to spend some time in a more rural area (driving about 2 hrs or more) and it would always seem to make a big difference.

If you are seeing a decline, I would target a different area.

I would always try to spend some time in a more rural area (driving about 2 hrs or more) and it would always seem to make a big difference.

Yeah, I get better results in those areas, always have, but even in those areas it's been a pretty gradual decline.

I'm going to follow up with what Ninja Nic said. I did a small experiment with a facebook PPC ad a few weeks back, targeted just my area of the state I'm living in, and had the ad direct clicks to a landing page that collected a name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. I got a bunch of clicks and a few leads. One of those leads made me 11x as much money as I paid for all of the clicks combined so it was definitely worth the investment. If you aren't doing something like this to get leads I highly recommend doing so as the ROI is unbeatable and the targeting can be very specific.

I'm going to follow up with what Ninja Nic said. I did a small experiment with a facebook PPC ad a few weeks back, targeted just my area of the state I'm living in, and had the ad direct clicks to a landing page that collected a name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. I got a bunch of clicks and a few leads. One of those leads made me 11x as much money as I paid for all of the clicks combined so it was definitely worth the investment. If you aren't doing something like this to get leads I highly recommend doing so as the ROI is unbeatable and the targeting can be very specific.

Facebook is the one area I never had success with. Your success was probably due to your dialing it in to your location vs. my targeting nationally.

Facebook is the one area I never had success with. Your success was probably due to your dialing it in to your location vs. my targeting nationally.

Probably so. I have to do all of my sales face to face so I targeted an area within a 1 hour radius of where I live.

Back