Lead Generating for MA

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
To generate leads for appointments for MA's - would it be feasible to pay a street team to canvas the housing developments utilizing "surveys" as a means to generating leads to set appointments to market MA's for duel eligible? If home - ask a few qualifying questions on a survey. If not home - leave a door hanger with a tear off mailer for survey and provide a toll-free # to call for more information.

Then the leads could be called to invite to an upcoming Seminar Lunch.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:
On the door to door John - is it feasible for leads to be generated WITHOUT mentioning medicare, etc - then those leads sold or given to an agency to utilize for the purpose of creating pre-set appointments?

Does anyone have a link to the Do's and Don'ts of MA solicitation? I asked my group for one, but they didn't have it.

Thanks,

Tom

In addition, CMS will nail your butt if you go door to door to solicit MA plans. I don't think the survey will convince them that you don't sell insurance.

Rick

On the door to door John - is it feasible for leads to be generated WITHOUT mentioning medicare, etc - then those leads sold or given to an agency to utilize for the purpose of creating pre-set appointments?

Does anyone have a link to the Do's and Don'ts of MA solicitation? I asked my group for one, but they didn't have it.

Thanks,

Tom

Just knocking on the senior's door in any type of community will generate a call to the property manager and probably the police.

Rick -

Question is - can a lead company farm the leads / surveys - then like any lead company - sell the info to willing buyers?

John -

Was speaking more of inner-city areas, housing developments, projects - most low-income duel eligible type areas.

Seems leads are readily available for the 65+ Medicare Only crowd. I am talking about the Duel Eligible folks. I was in the Rent To Own business for many years and these areas were where our customers were. Seems that these areas are also prime for DE. Plus - the average white guy and certainly the average white gal wouldn't think of going there to market - especially after dark . . .

Also - in the south - GA, FL, SC - what are good options for Duel Eligible besides WellCare (which is being marketing heavily here in GA and SC).

Tom

Speaking of WellCare - did I hear right this week and understand that WellCare MA's are subject to a 12 month charge-back period?

Any idea on the charge-back periods of other MA, MAPD and Med Supps?

Tom

Rick -

Question is - can a lead company farm the leads / surveys - then like any lead company - sell the info to willing buyers?

John -

Was speaking more of inner-city areas, housing developments, projects - most low-income duel eligible type areas.

Seems leads are readily available for the 65+ Medicare Only crowd. I am talking about the Duel Eligible folks. I was in the Rent To Own business for many years and these areas were where our customers were. Seems that these areas are also prime for DE. Plus - the average white guy and certainly the average white gal wouldn't think of going there to market - especially after dark . . .

Also - in the south - GA, FL, SC - what are good options for Duel Eligible besides WellCare (which is being marketing heavily here in GA and SC).

Tom

You want to hit low income city areas? Do you have a family? I'd run it past them. Light, dark - doesn't matter.

I would have whatever you are marketing approved through CMS since you would be talking to them about MA plans.

CMS is not very lenient about marketing. You could do something like a free health insurance evaluation and pass that around neighborhoods, but you will get all walks of life then.

There was a guy on here that does some autodialer stuff and has lists...

Who was he again?

" There was a guy on here that does some autodialer stuff and has lists... "

On the lists:

Can the filter be set for Medi-Medi only based on a certain zip code? Can the zip be filtered for zip+ to narrow the scope?

Thanks,

Tom

Back