Lead Generating Website

Last AEP I put a 4 page website together on GoDaddy and spent $200 per month on Ad Words Pay-Per-Clicks with marginal results.

I am considering paying a Web Designer for a more professional look. All I do is Medicare Supplements/ PDP / and Medicare Advantage.

Looking for suggestions on finding a Web Designer and what budget you guys and gals are spending for 1) the website and 2) SEO to get hits and the phone to ring.

Thanks,

Last AEP I put a 4 page website together on GoDaddy and spent $200 per month on Ad Words Pay-Per-Clicks with marginal results.

I am considering paying a Web Designer for a more professional look. All I do is Medicare Supplements/ PDP / and Medicare Advantage.

Looking for suggestions on finding a Web Designer and what budget you guys and gals are spending for 1) the website and 2) SEO to get hits and the phone to ring.

Thanks,

I run another business besides TR King Insurance Marketing with my father Todd. That focuses on Website Development, Graphic Design, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) On-Page and Off-page Activities. Websites can range from $400.00 USD to upwards of $2,500 one time fee. It depends on how many bells and whistles you want on your website. Essentially for the basics with mobile friendly (which plays a role in google) you are looking at about $600.00 USD unless you go the freelancer route of finding a (third world person) to do it. For about $50 dollars. Ranking yourself in google has a lot more to it than just paying for ads. It also very similar to an investment. It takes time to see results.

Here I will post a list of activities that you can do or pay someone to do. All of these activities take time and the more time you have the more you can do said activities. The same goes with money. The more money you have to invest the more you can invest for someone to do it. There are a ton of ways you can go about increasing traffic to your website. Companies that pay $5,000 a month for SEO are going to out rank you.

SEO/SEM Breakdown (ON-Page and OFF-Page Optimization)

SEO is separated into two separate categories on-page and off-page optimization.

On-Page Activities:
● Keyword Research for what KEYwords can be used for the site and targeted customers.
● Keyword Finalization choose 10-15 words to specifically target customers and meet the client’s needs.
● URL Analysis check for search engine friendly url’s and that they are easy to use
● Site Structure Check for the correct flow of information and the site has a sound structure and programming.
● Checking Keyword Density the site’s keyword content and use of keywords in said content
● XML Sitemap Creation the entire logical map of your site and flow of the site to be submitted to search engines
● Webmaster Tools Setup and Registration for Search Engines to submit the XML sitemap so the site can be indexed by all search engines
● Fetching submitting individual pages that are not being indexed in search engines
● Google Local / Maps Registration so customers can find you and your office with a click of a button
● Google + Account Creation & Google Analytics to create an easy to find page with work hours, telephone numbers, about me and tracking essential information for continuous SEO optimization.
● Mobile & Tablet Website Compatibility testing on many different sized mobile and tablet devices for 100% compatibility which affects google rankings and end-user experience
● Broken Link Checks all urls must be checked and fixed if they are broken
● 404 Error Check does page not found display correctly and show redirect to the home page of the website
● Spelling check - spelling check of all content on the website so that it may be easily searched
● Grammar Check correcting all grammatical errors on the website
● Site Speed Check the speed of a webpage is important because most end-users will not wait 10 seconds for a web page to load. 1-3 seconds is best.
● Orphaned Pages all pages lead to another page on the website
● Content Crawling and Indexing continuously tracking all indexed and crawled pages for proper search engine indexing
● Meta Tag Creation used for page title, description, keywords, H1, H2 and H3 tags, alt tags, and page heading optimization
● Meta Tag Implementation integrating all pages with correct metadata information to properly the page’s search indexed information.
● On Page Content Optimization integrating keywords with each page on the website
● Creation of New Content Pages (if needed) sometimes new content needs to be created to match finalized keywords to best target customers
● Creation of Articles, Blogs, RSS Feeds, and more.

Off-Page Activities:
● Article Title Research an array of topics that should be covered in the articles, blogs, rss feeds and more.
● Article Creation using keywords to create articles that target customers and direct to the website
● Web2.0 Resources Setup and Submission articles must be submitted to the web2.0 resources accounts like wordpress, blogger, tumblr, squidoo and etc for articles, rss feeds, blogs and more
● On-Site Article Submission - submitting articles that are on the website
● Blog Commenting researching related blogs, creating blogs and commenting for blogs to raise awareness and direct back to the website
● Registration for SMO Portals - profiles on stumbleupon, delicious, digg, reddit, facebook and etc
● Video Creation and Optimization promoting videos on youtube and sites like youtube for your website

Reporting and Monitoring:
● Weekly/Monthly Monitoring of Site Rankings for any adjustments that may be needed
● Weekly/Monthly Traffic Checks in Google Analytics checking site visitors, conversions, payments, etc
● Caching and Crawling Check
● Enquiry Form Checks
● Mobile and Tablet Software & Compatibility Check
● Monthly Customer Needs Check to inquire if the client’s needs are being met
● Monthly Ranking Report sent to client showing the rankings on many different search engines

SEM:
● Analytics tracking for ads
● Customer Targeting for ads
● Create a Linking Strategy
● Place Search Engine Ads (Such as Google Adwords)
● Fully Optimize your website using SEO
● Ads Monitoring and Reporting

Does a lead generating website have to be submitted to the Insurance Commission (state regulatory body) for approval? Also, if a product is cited in your content, does that require the insurance company's approval?

Does a lead generating website have to be submitted to the Insurance Commission (state regulatory body) for approval? Also, if a product is cited in your content, does that require the insurance company's approval?

A good rule of thumb on permission for content is that you should always get company permission if you are going to use their product name, company name, or logo. Some companies could care less, but many do care and just want to make sure you're saying things about their products correctly or using the correct logo, etc.

many do care and just want to make sure you're saying things about their products correctly or using the correct logo, etc.

Some also want to make sure you are not saying anything derogatory ....... even if it is factual.

Back