Lead generation for life insurance

DaKine

Super Genius
Other than final expense\mortgage protection how do people lead generate for life insurance?

In real estate leads can be generated by cold calling/door knocking FSBO, Expired Listings or Circle Prospecting. Everyone has to move eventually and realtors can search for people with a strong need/modivation to sell their house/relocated. Calling property owners works.

I haven't seen many established prospecting techniques for life insurance. In fact nobody really talks about prospecting/lead generation for life insurance.

Captive shops seem to want new agents to sell to their family and established networks and then hopefully ask for referrals and keep going. I guess that might work for the few that have large established networks or it works for the captive shop after you run out of new ways to generate leads.

Other than final expense\mortgage protection how do people lead generate for life insurance?

In real estate leads can be generated by cold calling/door knocking FSBO, Expired Listings or Circle Prospecting. Everyone has to move eventually and realtors can search for people with a strong need/modivation to sell their house/relocated. Calling property owners works.

I haven't seen many established prospecting techniques for life insurance. In fact nobody really talks about prospecting/lead generation for life insurance.

Captive shops seem to want new agents to sell to their family and established networks and then hopefully ask for referrals and keep going. I guess that might work for the few that have large established networks or it works for the captive shop after you run out of new ways to generate leads.

DaKine,

Generating leads online is a good way to go. A website with a good landing page and lead capture tools to generate exclusive leads. You can also use something like Facebook Lead Ads, if you're willing to spend a bit of money. You're right that a lot of captive agencies have new agents start with the project 100 or 500, and sell to family and friends. Your natural market, though, can really be one of the hardest sells out there. Especially when you're new in the business.

One of the things that worked for our agency, when we first got started, was working with small business owners. We marketed locally to the other offices near us, and stopped in to introduce ourselves. Old school, I know. Before we really had any idea of how to use digital marketing, we would just ask them if we could email them our newsletter, and that started us building our email marketing list.

There are all kinds of ways to generate leads for life insurance. Doing it online will net you the widest market, though. Everyone is online and searching, these days.

Back