Lead Generation for Work Division Benefits

Sam Adams

Hello everybody! I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I am a captive P & C agent am looking to write some business in work division benefits. Accident, life, cancer, etc. I was curious if anybody could help me with a lead system. I am currently cold calling and trying to network. Does anybody have a process that works for them? Does anybody know if there is an X-date list I can get for work division. Thank you your help!

I've been a workplace benefits consultant for over 20 years.

What I do is create a list of all the prospects like I want. I group my lists by niche type of prospect and focus on niches that know each other. I do this because they know and talk to each other.

Over time, I keep re-contacting them. Eventually, one will come on board. Then I let the others in the niche know I'm working with them.

Then I just keep repeating the process.

As far as x-date on group products, I'm not familiar with a list like that. Your best bet is to compile that list on your own.

Further, the best way to break into workplace benefits is with an employee-paid permanent life insurance plan.

Good luck!

On the L&H side, Xdate lists dont exists for anything other than Group Health Plans that have 100+ Participants in them. And those are not called Xdate lists, they are 5500 filings.

The key to cold calling is following up every few months. It is an ongoing process that takes time to build. Write very detailed notes about conversations. Ask open ended questions about their current benefits to spark a conversation. When told no to a meet, always ask if you can call them back in 4 months to see if things have changed any... and of course actually do it and remind them that its a follow up when you do call them back.

What is the best approach when you enter a business to get them interested in worksite?

What is the best approach when you enter a business to get them interested in worksite?

The way I do it is with guaranteed issue.

I explain that there are employees who have health problems. Those employees can't go down the street and just buy insurance like they buy a tv. They have to go through underwriting. Employees who have health problems often have to pay higher premiums or even get turned down for insurance - specifically life insurance.

With the employers help, I can help those employees by eliminating the underwriting for all employees.

So I try and educate the employer on how real life underwriting works, which employees would be affected and how they can help them with my program.

Hello everybody! I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I am a captive P & C agent am looking to write some business in work division benefits. Accident, life, cancer, etc. I was curious if anybody could help me with a lead system. I am currently cold calling and trying to network. Does anybody have a process that works for them? Does anybody know if there is an X-date list I can get for work division. Thank you your help!

I have never worked in the "employee benefits" space. However I have worked closely with several agents who did previously.

One agent who sold employee benefits with All State told me he would go door-to-door and drop an envelope off at the business explaining a little bit about what he did and then would follow-up on every envelope he dropped off.

I believe he said he had about a 3% appointment ratio on those.

Good luck!!!

Back