Lead Generation Startup Help

quotearoo

As a lead gen vet I've decided to leave a large provider and go out on my own and solve some of the problems I see in the lead generation industry. I'm hoping to speak with a few agents who frequently purchase online leads to shape the final product.

I'll pose a few questions out in the open, though.

The #1 issue I've seen is simply an inability to get in contact with leads. Obviously source plays a major part, but in general leads get tired of answering calls or emails. We will be auto-crediting unresponsive leads.

What percentage of leads that you purchase are you never able to contact?

Of the leads you do contact, what % do you close?

What's the minimum amount of information to begin a conversation with a lead?

I'm excited to share some of the details, but I want to make sure we're developing a product that makes sense.

Huh Sounds a lot like a lead provider I signed up with Sept of 2015. Paid $900 up front, As they were highly recommended by some one on this forum (who I have not seen one here since)

I was so surprised, Even puzzled how this could be but after I signed I was told they would credit leads I did not reach, It didn't seem like it made sense how they could be in buis doing that. It made me feel I should have put less as a deposit,

After I did not get any leads I would call and here by next week we are still making changes and getting your campaign going yada Yada, then this one didn't work there any more then that one wasn't there and the next guy said I don't know why you were told this or that

Whatever in dec I still did not have any leads and had to call CC to reverse charges as the company did not refund on its own

Hi - what is your name? I am Tom . . .

What type of insurance are you creating leads for?

Direct Mail or Tele-Leads . . .

As a lead gen vet I've decided to leave a large provider and go out on my own and solve some of the problems I see in the lead generation industry. I'm hoping to speak with a few agents who frequently purchase online leads to shape the final product.

The #1 issue I've seen is simply an inability to get in contact with leads. Obviously source plays a major part, but in general leads get tired of answering calls or emails. We will be auto-crediting unresponsive leads.

I'm excited to share some of the details, but I want to make sure we're developing a product that makes sense.

"agents who frequently purchase online leads"

Think about this a minuet and get back to us

Hint its not rocket sauce

Huh Sounds a lot like a lead provider I signed up with Sept of 2015. Paid $900 up front, As they were highly recommended by some one on this forum (who I have not seen one here since)

I was so surprised, Even puzzled how this could be but after I signed I was told they would credit leads I did not reach, It didn't seem like it made sense how they could be in buis doing that. It made me feel I should have put less as a deposit,

After I did not get any leads I would call and here by next week we are still making changes and getting your campaign going yada Yada, then this one didn't work there any more then that one wasn't there and the next guy said I don't know why you were told this or that

Whatever in dec I still did not have any leads and had to call CC to reverse charges as the company did not refund on its own

Same guy, different username? Carriers, FMO's and lead companies have all had occasions when the crooked ones changed their name...hoping the unsuspecting newcomers wouldn't be aware of their past reputation. Dirt Bags is a nice name for them.:mad:

Look. It's cheaper and easier to pay for leads than try to generate them yourself.

Look. It's cheaper and easier to pay for leads than try to generate them yourself.

I don't agree.

Had I been using one of my lead qualifiers today - the 4 leads it took for me to close the sale I made today woulda cost me $50 -vs- maybe $100 for DM. Plus only took me 3 hours to generate them . . .

That sounds awful.

I think I can calm a lot of fears by saying that the reason why we can auto-credit non responsive leads is that the service is all hosted inside our application. We generate the high-intent leads, you immediately are connected with them online -- in a chat format. If the lead does not respond to the chat, then it's easy to say they were 'non-responsive'. We offer other credits for different reasons as well, I will detail those once we finalize the product.

The reason why we've decided on the chat format is through understanding the crap experience most leads have in our space. Our #1 goal is to cut down barriers between the developed lead and the provider.

----------

I don't agree.

Had I been using one of my lead qualifiers today - the 4 leads it took for me to close the sale I made today woulda cost me $50 -vs- maybe $100 for DM. Plus only took me 3 hours to generate them . . .

With the right service it should be just about equal price (or cheaper) to generate your own leads as it is to purchase leads. Except when you purchase leads you can spend time doing what your actual job is, instead of worrying about developing leads and becoming an expert on that.

Unfortunately, lead generation online is a wild underworld of back deals, low-intent generation and cross-sell.

A good lead gen company makes your life easier and keeps you focused.

----------

I think we'll start primarily in the P&C space, but open to different types as well since our service is a general 'quote' application. We've been developing our marketing for law & commercial ins as well.

----------

I'm offering $100 in credit to any agents who wouldn't mind spending the time discussing this one on one (looking to launch by Q2 2017).

Last edited:
Back