Lead Generation Website

sunkist219

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey Guys,

I have a friend who gets a ton of hits to his website every day but no one seems to stay on it long enough to fill out any of his quote forms. Do any of you have suggestions about lead-generating websites or what characteristics tend to get people to fill in the quotes? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

If you posted the website, you would get a better response.

There are to many factors involved to make a random statement about traffic and conversion, without seeing the product.

Nice site new guy. I assume the Medicinenet is a feed rather than a manual update. Is that something your webhead did or you?

Nice looking site Joy.

Admittedly I don't know much about P&C, and I didn't poke around much. Looks like you need to complete a detailed form and wait for a quote. In other words, no quote engine.

Most folks shopping on the web are looking for easy, instant info. They have short attention spans and if it takes more than 20 seconds to find their answer they are gone.

If I were designing a site I would look at other agency sites. See what appeals to you, what doesn't.

I know a lot of info is needed to generate an auto or HO quote, and some of that info is available online to agents who subscribe. I met a guy earlier in the year, a P&C agent, who told me all kinds of stuff that is available to agents so they can refine their quote with minimal info.

Might be something to consider if you are not already doing it.

And, you can also offer free iPods . . .

Right - the website is www.nyinsurancequotes.net . Sorry, I forgot to mention that (lol!)

I'm not familiar with the P&C market, it seems to be more hands, on but here is my 2 cents worth.

How is the traffic being generated? Paid or organic?

The site looks professional and well built.

I would make the toll free number more prominent, and near the top of every page.

I would add the toll free number to each of the quote pages, urging them to action if they have any questions.

As it is right now, the toll free number is in small numbers, only at the bottom of the home page, and at the bottom of the about us page.

It should be featured on every page.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the P&C market, it seems to be more hands, on but here is my 2 cents worth.

How is the traffic being generated? Paid or organic?

The site looks professional and well built.

I would make the toll free number more prominent, and near the top of every page.

I would add the toll free number to each of the quote pages, urging them to action if they have any questions.

As it is right now, the toll free number is in small numbers, only at the bottom of the home page, and at the bottom of the about us page.

It should be featured on every page.

Thanks so much for the reply guys! I really agree about the phone number. That was really helpful.

the site isnt getting any people to look any further because it tells them to "look no further"
the call to action is lame.
the NLP of this command is STOP! when you really want them to "come hither"
Tell your visitors EXACTLY what you want them to do and tell them immediately.
If you want visitors to sign up for your quote, tell em they found the best one,
front and center and “above the fold.”
and you need to tell them to "click now"

Make sure you have a privacy statement right next to your sign-in or purchase box. The world loathes spam. If you don’t convince your visitors that you respect their privacy, right from the get-go, they’ll be gone, Johnson.

Use graphical credibility enhancers – again, “above the fold.” These credibility enhancers include your best testimonials … Better Business Bureau icons … any industry logos or association logos your company is authorized to use … and so on. You need to communicate immediately that your site is credible. You should try to do that as much as possible without words but with graphical elements.

I could go on
but i will add that free ipods must be a joke right?
if you want targeted buyers who are serious about insurance liability, why offer them some free, expensive toy.
that may please the text messaging, freebie seeking, tire kicking, high schooler, facebook demographic but the roi selling insurance is bound to suck.
If my advice makes any sense to you,
just send ME the ipods so i can use them to attract high schoolers to sites buy some ringtones, dude
thanks and take care
Bryan Bliss

the call to action is lame.

Use graphical credibility enhancers – again, “above the fold.” These credibility enhancers include your best testimonials … Better Business Bureau icons … any industry logos or association logos your company is authorized to use … and so on. You need to communicate immediately that your site is credible. You should try to do that as much as possible without words but with graphical elements.

Lame? Okay so that was a little harsh - but somewhat helpful! I agree with the credential part. The only thing I'm not sure on is the whole "call to action" thing. I mean you can't exactly put "CLICK HERE" in big letters and really expect that's going to work with the risk of looking very unprofessional. This seems to be where I'm struggling b/c I think it needs to be professional but i definatley think that it needs something else

And I agree with you on the ipods, I think that's a pretty pricey way to get people to fill out quotes who probably aren't interested in insurance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nice site...who did the build?

I'm not quite sure...you can always call him and ask him? Sorry, I know that wasn't helpful (lol).

Last edited:
Back