Lead getting from banner tables

Hey,

I was wondering has anyone ever generated any good leads by setting up tables at street festivals, county fairs and other social gatherings and if so, were they good leads and can you build your business by sole prospecting this way?

Thanks for your input.

Nttwrkz1

Re: Lead getting from bannner tables

Why set up a table when you can just walk around with postcards or flyers and hand them out?

Hmmm...lots of variables on this one. First do you have the type of personality to make this work? I have worked booths at different types of events, usually though I do it just for the sake of showing my face with a certain groups I work with. People do not flock to the insurance table, if you want to get leads you are going to have to have something to give away, and you are going to have to have that board walk type personality, and call people over to your booth, and keep them there long enough to hear what you have to say. Not an easy thing to do, and not fun either. I don't think it can be your sole form of advertising/ marketing.

Also keep in mind the image this will put out about you, is it really the image you want to put out. Do you want to be viewed as a board walk salesman, or an insurance professional, whos services are much more valuable then that?

Hmmm...lots of variables on this one. First do you have the type of personality to make this work? I have worked booths at different types of events, usually though I do it just for the sake of showing my face with a certain groups I work with. People do not flock to the insurance table, if you want to get leads you are going to have to have something to give away, and you are going to have to have that board walk type personality, and call people over to your booth, and keep them there long enough to hear what you have to say. Not an easy thing to do, and not fun either. I don't think it can be your sole form of advertising/ marketing.

Also keep in mind the image this will put out about you, is it really the image you want to put out. Do you want to be viewed as a board walk salesman, or an insurance professional, whos services are much more valuable then that?

Hello there,

I guess I want to be able to see as many people as possible before I call them. I would rather offer something for a little information about them. I won't sell anything at the events, the people I meet would be used as leads.

I want to consider myself as a insurance professional but I'm trying to find my marketing technique. I'm new at this and so far it's been tough but I'm hanging in there. Thanks for your input.

Nttwrkz1

Back