Lead Heroes? Lead Jerk? Primatech? For Medicare Leads

I agree with you Todd. An experienced agent should have higher closing ratios, but these are the numbers I use for training with newer agents. I like to be conservative with a little push. I think most newer agents will have a 10% number starting out, so I say 15% to add some determination but be realistic.

I hesitate to go higher as there are so many factors that can work in there, as mentioned the ability of the agent to present, close, cross-sell, follow-up, referrals, etc.

I just spoke with a FE agent on Friday whose exact words were:

"I have lost money some weeks with my direct mail leads but at the price point you offer your TM leads, I have NEVER lost money working them."

I don't think I've ever talked with an agent that ever lost money on direct mail either. It would be very rare for an agent to spend $400 for a mail drop and not make at least $400.

No ne is in the business of breaking even but have people really done this?

I agree with you Todd. An experienced agent should have higher closing ratios, but these are the numbers I use for training with newer agents. I like to be conservative with a little push. I think most newer agents will have a 10% number starting out, so I say 15% to add some determination but be realistic.

I hesitate to go higher as there are so many factors that can work in there, as mentioned the ability of the agent to present, close, cross-sell, follow-up, referrals, etc.

If you closed the initial follow up gap of responding to the leads via live transfers, what percentage increase could you realistically expect to see in your opinion?

That is a great question, Justin!

I would only assume that would jump up quite a bit as the prospect is still interested when they are being transferred rather than have some time to think about other things and the need of insurance has dwindled away.

I would venture to say you could probably close 30%? Mind you I am pulling numbers out of calculated air (fancy way of saying guessing).

What do you think? I have never worked live transfers but I have a good friend who did some time ago...but a lot of the process was still over the mail.

That is a great question, Justin!

I would only assume that would jump up quite a bit as the prospect is still interested when they are being transferred rather than have some time to think about other things and the need of insurance has dwindled away.

I would venture to say you could probably close 30%? Mind you I am pulling numbers out of calculated air (fancy way of saying guessing).

What do you think? I have never worked live transfers but I have a good friend who did some time ago...but a lot of the process was still over the mail.

Looking at live transfer sites, they claim a 300% increase in contact ratios. Not sure what that equates for closing percentages.
Thanks for chiming in!

I don't think I've ever talked with an agent that ever lost money on direct mail either. It would be very rare for an agent to spend $400 for a mail drop and not make at least $400.

If your appt. setter has a bad week and sets less than 20% of DM leads like what happened to this agent, I can see where it would be easy to lose money.

I'm sure there is still $$$ in those leads though if they get out there and DK. I think this agent only uses a setter though

If your appt. setter has a bad week and sets less than 20% of DM leads like what happened to this agent, I can see where it would be easy to lose money.

I'm sure there is still $$$ in those leads though if they get out there and DK. I think this agent only uses a setter though

Well yes I agree to that. If they are not going to follow up on every lead they could definitely lose money. But if they are running their business that way they probably already have so much money they would never miss it.

Selling over the phone you can certainly lose money on Direct Mail. That may be it.

So we are on the money, as according to Google (I had to check myself) 300% increase over 10% is 30%. Yes, I just admitted to having Google check that (math was always my weak spot).

I don't think those numbers are off. Of course, it goes back to the ability of the agent and the interest level of the lead but being this is a live transfer the interest should be high.

I agree with this, but I have to back up a paragraph and realize that you only have a 15% closing ratio. That's kind of low. New agents should be closing that much. You should be upwards or 10% higher. Not trying to put you down or start a debate, but rather just pointing out the facts.

Then again, maybe those aren't YOUR ratios you're using.
Actually Todd, the number he posted was 15% of the leads purchased were closed.That is not a bad ratio.. If he is sitting with 1/2 his leads that is a 30% closing ration based on the number of interviews.. Most agents would take that all day long.

Back