Lead Providers Are at the Bottom of the Moral Food Chain

Having purchased leads literally since I've been licensed, and made $$ from them, I've come to the conclusion that these people are morally bankrupt. I don't think there is an occupation out there that equals them in terms of cold heartedness towards their customers.

They genuinely make used car salesman and pawn brokers look like boy scouts.

It amazes me how many lead providers there are. Everyone is trying to sell internet leads, everyone of them thinks their leads are better. Everyone seems to sell exactly the same lead.

I've been having a rash of new, unheard of lead companies calling/emailing me to buy their leads.

Of course, you might need to meet some more used car salesmen (some are great, some not). I still think they can rival most lead companies.

Dan

Lead companies are making a killing off of agents. Of course everyone has the best leads. That way they can bring another agent in to sell that lead to. hhhhmm 3-5 agents per lead times $8 or more depends on your supplier. Not to mention whatever lead generation page they use to suck that person in like ex. $25/month health plans :D really are you serious?
</IMG>

Having purchased leads literally since I've been licensed, and made $$ from them, I've come to the conclusion that these people are morally bankrupt. I don't think there is an occupation out there that equals them in terms of cold heartedness towards their customers.

They genuinely make used car salesman and pawn brokers look like boy scouts.

Create your own leads, become the hunted instead of being the hunter...:1cool:

Selling agents on the idea that they can generate their own internet leads is certainly more profitable. One of my favorites is that they're launching PPC campaigns with a few thousand dollars, in a market that requires 100x that amount just to be half way serious.

Have fun.

I'd never recommend anyone start out the gate with PPC unless they have the $$ to do so, actually, I haven't even done that in a few years.
The "You, Inc." model of branding yourself, social media, blog, and video marketing is much more powerful and cost effective than ppc.
Especially with video marketing, done properly, can get you dominating the first page of the search engine in days, organically.

When I go to my occasional chamber of commerce meeting it's worth noting that all agency owners use local marketing or telemarketing to gain business. When we get into an internet lead discussion, regardless of the line (life, P&C, health, etc...) everyone has the same comment; "tried 'em - they all suck."

When I go to my occasional chamber of commerce meeting it's worth noting that all agency owners use local marketing or telemarketing to gain business. When we get into an internet lead discussion, regardless of the line (life, P&C, health, etc...) everyone has the same comment; "tried 'em - they all suck."
I am amazed at some of the comments here, I really don't know what makes me look at these. I have sold insurance for 32 years, I have a multimillion $ agency that I have built, I also sell internet leads, and in Ohio, use aged leads from various vendors for my agents to sell ourselves. We never had a problem with internet leads since I started generating them in1995. If you can't sell internet leads, it's you! I have the same buyers for many years of my leads, They are properly trained to work them, they call, they use a CRM, and they get results, I have even hired a few of them myself to work for me, salary plus commission. I agree that there is some bad stuff out there, but anyone with common sense can get past that!

Last edited:
Back