Lead sources for P&C?

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
So we are creating a build out for P&C agents inside of Agent Autopilot. Basically an automated marketing setup and pipeline management based on new leads in and then on X date for those you didn't close and for current clients.

We've had a lot of folks asking, so I'm building it out now, but now folks are asking about leads.

Being a Final Expense guy with knowledge of Medicare, Life, and Mortgage Protection, I really don't know a lot about P&C leads.

I would be looking for your thoughts on a few different tiers:

1. Cheapo aged leads - under 90 days
2. Fresh home/auto (web, facebook, search, whatever)
3. Agencies that do ad management for agents (retainer + ad spend model)

If you have any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

You have sort of hit the nail on the head.

For most agents/agencies it is the X date thing. Didn't close them this year, no problem, close them in 11 months and be more prepared this time.

As far as aged leads are concerned, I do not think aged P&C is the same as aged Life. With P&C many consumers are under the mistaken impression that they just need ten minutes to save 15%, which sometimes they can - but for the good agents out there we need rheems of data to get a Home, Auto, and Umbrella quote out to them - and hence many of these leads just fade away when they realize the complexity of it.

So for me, someone that wanted insurance 90 days ago is not a bad lead, its just a different opportunity.

For fresh leads - this too is different. Many fresh leads are buying a new home, renting an apartment, or buying a new car where there is a comcrete date to start.

You have sort of hit the nail on the head.

For most agents/agencies it is the X date thing. Didn't close them this year, no problem, close them in 11 months and be more prepared this time.

As far as aged leads are concerned, I do not think aged P&C is the same as aged Life. With P&C many consumers are under the mistaken impression that they just need ten minutes to save 15%, which sometimes they can - but for the good agents out there we need rheems of data to get a Home, Auto, and Umbrella quote out to them - and hence many of these leads just fade away when they realize the complexity of it.

So for me, someone that wanted insurance 90 days ago is not a bad lead, its just a different opportunity.

For fresh leads - this too is different. Many fresh leads are buying a new home, renting an apartment, or buying a new car where there is a comcrete date to start.

Thanks! Yeah, I've chatted with a number of P&C guys on their manual process and we're just looking to automate reaching back out to current clients at 60 days before X date to soften the blow of any pending rate increases, then 30 days to re-shop if necessary.

Then for leads not closed, it would reach out 30 days before X date to basically re-sell them.

Automated responses and Pipeline Stages/Tasks to let the agent know who they need to reach out to and when.

With that said, people are already asking for lead options. Of course I know Hometown Quotes, Everquote, Allweb leads etc. I've never heard "great" things about these guys, but over the years as a lead vendor and agency owner, I now realize it's more of the agent rather than the lead.

Sure, there are different tiers to leads with higher intent and/or age. Just looking for good options in this space.

Last edited:
Usually not for me, but yes for most agents.

Well, our system is completely customizable, but creating a pre-built system means I have to make it work for most agents :)

What problem are you trying to solve?

Well, our system is completely customizable, but creating a pre-built system means I have to make it work for most agents :)

What problem are you trying to solve?

What problem am I trying to solve? My business is built up, and I get plenty of referrals. Really the only thing I need to get better at is turning away business.

What problem am I trying to solve? My business is built up, and I get plenty of referrals. Really the only thing I need to get better at is turning away business.

Oh that's an easy problem to solve. Turn off you phone and don't open your email.

In all seriousness, we could create values for leads/referrals/clients based on their premium and create a pipeline so that the system, and yourself, would only reach out to higher value prospects/clients.

Oh that's an easy problem to solve. Turn off you phone and don't open your email.

In all seriousness, we could create values for leads/referrals/clients based on their premium and create a pipeline so that the system, and yourself, would only reach out to higher value prospects/clients.

That's basically what AgencyMVP attempts to do. The owner of that used to post here a lot, haven't seen him in awhile.

As I understand it, it assigns values to prospects based on things like premium, closing % in the zip code where the prospect is located, renewal dates, dates that violations/claims fall off of reports, etc. and prioritizes them accordingly for calls.

Decent idea, but it's mostly only useful for prioritizing follow up on people you've previously quoted. So, unless you're quoting at a high volume with a lower closing %, the use is limited. Then again, I suppose most P@C agents who buy leads are probably in that boat.

Back