Lead Vendors and DNC Lists

Charles Bennett

Good Morning, Does anyone know what Lead Vendors use to scrub their leads? And if there is a way to put clients that tell us to f*** off ON a "DNC" list so the Lead Vendor doesn't re-sell the same lead to another agent and the angry clients don't keep getting called?

Good Morning, Does anyone know what Lead Vendors use to scrub their leads? And if there is a way to put clients that tell us to f*** off ON a "DNC" list so the Lead Vendor doesn't re-sell the same lead to another agent and the angry clients don't keep getting called?
Are you asking about scrubbing Leads? Or just lists of people.
Actual leads you can call for 60 days without scrubbing.

Sounds like he's trying to help someone to never be contacted again.

First, you should have your own 'internal' DNC list for your own purposes.

For ongoing calls... you can't control that. That's on the lead or list seller.

The lead vendors that scrub use the dnc. A lot of them will tell you they do but don't. It's best to scrub your own list.

To make things worse, some states have their own list as well as some carriers. Worse case scenario you've got 3 lists to worry about.

When leads first came out they were pretty good. Then everybody started selling to everybody else and lead quality went to shit. Most lead vendors today sell to the big call centers and then turn around and sell to you. By the time you get a lead it's quite possible the lead has already been called by the call center and a couple of other agents.

When you complain about this to your lead vendor he's going to start talking about his exclusive leads. There's no such thing. Until you or I can prevent someone from filling out a form or clicking with his mouse, there no such thing as exclusive.

As far as putting someone on the dnc, nope you can't do that. Only the person involved can do that.

There may be a way but it's a waste of time. That same person has already filled out a dozen lead cards or on line data and they will do dozens more.

It's just the nature of the business. Referrals will do the same thing if you call them. I don't call referrals. If someone is referred to me I tell the referrer to have them call me.

Same on leads. I get 15 leads most week. I work 17 counties across western Ky, Southern Indiana and NW Tn. I'm in my 20th year of working those same counties. It's rare for me to get my 15 leads and not have current clients in there. It never happens that I get 15 leads and I've not already had at least of them before. Usually half are repeat mailers.

You just deal with it. Many cannot. There's a huge turnover in this business. The leads just being one of the reasons.

As long as they opt in compliantly, the dnc shouldn’t matter.

I know in Agent Autopilot, we have an automation that runs when a contact is created.

It checks it against the DNC, Litigator Blacklist, and whether or not it’s a landline.

DNC just adds a tag, so that agents can do with that info what they want.

Blacklist DNDs them so they can’t be called or texted.

Landline SMS DNDs then so they won’t be texted.

https://agentautopilot.com

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back