Leadbot Leads

>>>>>>

As with every story there are two sides. Full disclosure, I work for LeadBot.

Leadbot generates and sells leads exclusively, which means of course they can only be sold 1x. If you can sell a lead up to 8x as with non-exclusive lead companies, you have many avenues to move a lead to cover the costs of generating the lead. We do not have that luxury.

Consequently, we have a policy that all customers are on auto-renew with their orders (like most companies) and they must opt-out of that in order not to have their order replaced upon closure. We disclose this up front in the sales pitch, and it is front and center on the agreement each customer signs and faxes back to us in order to activate their order. It is also one of two reminders on our welcome email. We do this so that we may maintain some sort of continuity in our marketing efforts as it takes weeks to ramp or cancel some lead generation efforts. Before doing this we were constantly starting and stopping lead gen campaigns as people waited days or weeks between orders and we were losing out shirt.

All that is needed is an email to customer service or their sales rep, that they wish to opt-out of auto -renew on their order and it will be happily taken care of. This can be done immediately upon placing their order or anytime up until their order closes. That way we can gauge when to stop spending money to generate leads in certain areas and not be stuck with leads that have no order to go to. People opt out every day, and it is silly to think we would jeopardize a 10 year reputation to steal $875 from you.

For what it is worth, the credit card company sided with us, and while I take no pleasure in that, as I can see you are upset, we cannot run a company that has 3000 agents, and arbitrarily enforce our contract.

As far as the BBB goes, they do not get involved over written contracts. There will be a response though and I think our record speaks for itself in the industry.

Again I apologize for your experience, we try our very best to run clean lead campaigns and an ethical company. We have many happy customers that will back us up on that.

Regards
Leadbot

Can you believe this crap? If that is leadbot posting, then that is truly pathetic. Of course they wouldn't want to post a name. They don't even back their on credit policy. The only charge that they've answered is "auto renew"? Okay, now we can all breath a sigh of relief. I personally have returned leads to them that were disconnected numbers and was credited with another bad lead and that was it. They were decent at one time, but apparently they have devolved, and this ridiculous post...oh well, there are two sides, if someone is playing a joke on them by posting, that's another matter, but in light of the scrutiny they've received here, if they posted that glib anonymous answer on this forum, then its worse than I thought.

>>>>>>

it is silly to think we would jeopardize a 10 year reputation to steal $875 from you.

we try our very best to run clean lead campaigns and an ethical company.

Regards
Leadbot

Apparently you needed the $ 875.00 THAT BAD... that you would jeapardize your reputation, although it seems that the rep was less than stellar to begin with, based on other comments in the thread. My first error was in NOT summoning these opinions before venturing into the LeadBot web.

It does boil down to THEFT, plain and simple, in my view, no matter how you wish to try to pkg the idea. Rationalization doesn't change the facts, and the facts are that you were notified verbally prior to the credit card charge, and in writing in less than 5 minutes after the charge, which of course you refuse to credit back, as if it was a material impossibility. That pretty accurately describes the crux of the disputed transaction. As a first time customer you would have built lots of good will being reasonable as opposed to hard line on this matter. It could be NO clearer than "screw you Mr customer, we've got your money and there is nothing you can do about it". (No refund policy).

So if anyone else wishes to authorize LeadBot access to your credit card, be forewarned that you are NOT dealing with a company who has been credible in my dealings.

LeadBot will get lots more of this pub for their 875. In fact, it might be the most expensive advertising that you have ever purchased. I simply need to let others know so they don't commit the same error that I did by placing trust in a company that has demonstrated not to be trustworthy in my situation.

Last edited:
Now I get this love note from good ole Leadbot in email:

"Your Leadbot Credit Order Will Expire in 14 Days"

Credit... as if they have given me credit for anything here. This is an order that I have PAID FOR. What garbage!!!

This is the order that they charged me 875.00 for, that I had asked them in advance NOT to refill, but they did anyway. THEFT!!!

Now they want to close out the credit on the acct that they have had suspended for 76 days and couldn't be used.

All I can say is your funds might be safer in the hands of a known thief, because you know what to expect. Thinking that one is dealing with a reputable company, to find out otherwise, is worse than being robbed, IMO.

So travel at your own risk. If you decide to do business with LEADBOT you may well end up ripped off like I did. Your experience could vary, but I doubt it.

For what it is worth, the person who recommended LEADBOT to me has also had trouble over the same issues and is NO LONGER using them either. They are the WORST, IMO.

Now I get this love note from good ole Leadbot in email:

"Your Leadbot Credit Order Will Expire in 14 Days"

Credit... as if they have given me credit for anything here. This is an order that I have PAID FOR. What garbage!!!

This is the order that they charged me 875.00 for, that I had asked them in advance NOT to refill, but they did anyway. THEFT!!!

Now they want to close out the credit on the acct that they have had suspended for 76 days and couldn't be used.

All I can say is your funds might be safer in the hands of a known thief, because you know what to expect. Thinking that one is dealing with a reputable company, to find out otherwise, is worse than being robbed, IMO.

So travel at your own risk. If you decide to do business with LEADBOT you may well end up ripped off like I did. Your experience could vary, but I doubt it.

For what it is worth, the person who recommended LEADBOT to me has also had trouble over the same issues and is NO LONGER using them either. They are the WORST, IMO.

I know that there's no real consolation for something like this, but something similar has happened to just about everyone with one lead company or another. But refusing to put your money back over something like that, and then posting about it. Unbelievable, that's the worst I've heard of to date. However, I am glad that you are posting this about Leadbot. Hopefully, they will think twice about ripping off their customers, or go out of business, or lose a lawsuit or something positive will happen.

You've certainly done a good job of warning anyone that can read. From this point on, its caveat emptor.

Last edited:
I know that there's no real consolation for something like this, but something similar has happened to just about everyone with one lead company or another. But refusing to put your money back over something like that, and then posting about it. Unbelievable, that's the worst I've heard of to date. However, I am glad that you are posting this about Leadbot. Hopefully, they will think twice about ripping off their customers, or go out of business, or lose a lawsuit or something positive will happen.

You've certainly done a good job of warning anyone that can read. From this point on, its caveat emptor.

Agreed... and AT THIS MOMENT there are 467 views of this thread. Oh, I'm sure that ALL of them will race to the opportunity to do biz with such earthworms as LEADBOT. Well, I guess one of the 467 was LEADBOT getting onto to post and plead guilty to all charges; (essentially). So count that as 466, really.

Bill, I appreciate your feedback and recognition of the situation. Some consolation.

But LEADBOT is STILL SCUM...:arghh:

Just a hint for the future when buying leads.... many credit card companies will issue you (online) a 'temporary' credit card that you can set a limit for, and only 1 business can draw against it. I use this alot for online stuff where I want to limit what the person I'm dealing with can do.

Lead companies ALWAYS make me nervous. They like to run the card on a whim. If they have done well, there will be money for them to get. If not, I'll deactivate the card when I cancel the leads, and it won't mess up anything else.

It's a bit of a pain, but it keeps me out of trouble.

Dan

I've never used Leadbot exclusive life leads, but I know a handful of agents who swear by them.

As did the guy who recommended them to me, but now he no longer swears by them, he swears AT them; (as I have done a fair number of times in the past several weeks).

They are garbage from an ethical standpoint, and that is only because I can't print what I am actually saying about them at this very minute. :biggrin:

Leadbot is a total rip off. They were great 7 or 8 years ago. Now they are a complete scam. They make you buy 25 leads upfront, with no guarantee of when they'll be delivered and absolutely no refunds. So now they are taking people's money and NOT DELIVERING LEADS. I've gone 6 months since my last lead was sent. And the ones that were sent before, they were garbage. DO NOT USE LEADBOT.

Back