Leadco.biz What's Good? What's Bad

Jenananda

Expert
The first of March I started Internet Leads with Leadco.biz. I advised them after the first set of leads came in that too many prospects were telling me I was the 6,7,8,10 caller. After the second set I encountered the same problem as I was making followup calls and seemed to many agents were contacting them from the Internet Inquiry they did with Leadco. A few of the leads said they only had 3-4 agents call. The leads were OK but appearded to to have been greatly oversold thus the VALUE was watered down and not worth the billed price.
Please share your experience with Leadco.biz or any other Internet Lead company.

Also, when I went to cancel my service it wasn't easy. I called customer service, they said I had to send an email through their esupport web page. I did and had no reply. I called customer service again after some time had passed and Leadco.biz continued taking money from my bank account for leads. I told them no one ever got back to me and asked them to forward my message and get this account closed. MIke from Leadco.biz called a couple days later and said he'd close the account but I'd have to pay for the last set of leads which I didnt' want.
Please share your experiences as well.

I think we will all benefit by sharing.

Any other good Internet lead sources? Please share.

Quality Internet Leads which have not been oversold can be of value if given only to 2-3 agents. If anyone knows of such leads, please share with the rest of us. thanks.

I have posted some recent comments within the last week about them. It appeared as if they were selling their leads to Netquote, thus doubling the number of agents receiving the lead. Stacey, the owner said late last week that it was not true. In fact, he emphatically stated that only 2-4 agents receive the lead.

But oddly, you posted this thread and just as oddly, this is what happened TODAY! A Leadco lead is emailed to me with the last name clearly misspelled by a letter. Within a few minutes, the exact same information is emailed to me by NetQuote. I don't think this person would misspell the same sequence of letters twice and she would not have had time to go to another site to reenter the information.

Something is starting to smell here.

I have tried most of them at one time or another. You won't find a perfect lead company. All have their drawbacks.

While some of the lead companies may be "wholesaling" their leads to places like Netquote, I tend to think there is an intermediary involved that is buying from the lead company and then reselling to NQ.

If you want leads that are not oversold you will end up paying $9 - $14 per lead and will still have competition.

I have tried leads priced from $3 to $18 and found that the cheap leads are like burning money, but so are the leads north of $10. If I can't earn at least $5 for every $1 spent on leads then I need to find something else.

Hometown Quotes has decent volume and filtered leads for $8 - $9. Their credit policy is the best around. Just last week I asked for a credit on a lead I had been trying (unsuccessfully) to contact for almost 2 weeks. They contacted the lead and emailed me that the lady was available and still interested. (You can see the entire scenario here)

If you decide to give them a try, call me first & I will give you the skinny and a referral contact. I can also tell you about the other lead sources I have used and the results.

This info really is helping all of us. Seems there are companies out there trying to take advantage of agents who want to make a decent living helping people. Thanks for the info on Hometown quotes. Let's keep this thread running for a while. As I find other choices that seem to work, I'll post them here.

I did find a good source for telemarketed leads that could really help everyone if you're free to get one more appointment with another insurance company. Write to me if you are.

This info really is helping all of us. Seems there are companies out there trying to take advantage of agents who want to make a decent living helping people. Thanks for the info on Hometown quotes. Let's keep this thread running for a while. As I find other choices that seem to work, I'll post them here.

I did find a good source for telemarketed leads that could really help everyone if you're free to get one more appointment with another insurance company. Write to me if you are.

What insurance company would that be and do they allow online apps?

Back