LeadCon Las Vegas - Anyone?

Not going this year, but very worth it if you can weed thru the BS. You go to meet people, and listen/learn about on site conversion, marketing funnels etc. You hope to meet new traffic sources or learn tricks on bettering your existing ones. All the netquotes of the world will be there...stay away! Agents aren't agents anymore, they are marketers that sell the end product. No matter if this is internet, face to face, mailing post cards etc....it is ALL marketing. Agents NEED to go to these types of conferences vs. MDRT/NAIFA if they want to learn how to generate a lead. I've been to countless NAIFA meetings and several MDRT/TOT and never once heard a topic like lead generation.

Not going. But report back your experience.

I'm sure there will be a lot of BS as that is most of the internet marketing world, even more so than most industries.

I'll be there and it will be my fifth time exhibiting. For the average agent it's probably overkill as it's really geared more towards larger scale marketing efforts than a one or two person shop. Some FMOs go along with some multi-agency owners. There is a ton of great info there, but it's only actionable on a larger operation than a guy running lead cards.

I'll be there and it will be my fifth time exhibiting. For the average agent it's probably overkill as it's really geared more towards larger scale marketing efforts than a one or two person shop. Some FMOs go along with some multi-agency owners. There is a ton of great info there, but it's only actionable on a larger operation than a guy running lead cards.

What do you think about the lead selling business?

I'm sure they are making money but it seems like these guys go down in flames all the time. Are there may people out there consistently killing it?

What do you think about the lead selling business?

I'm sure they are making money but it seems like these guys go down in flames all the time. Are there may people out there consistently killing it?

It's certainly more complicated than I thought. My experience with four internet lead companies as a producer was that they were all trash. Precise Leads comes to mind as the one that I was the most disappointed with, but at every show I've been at they have an interesting booth and they sponsor some expensive things at the show beyond just exhibiting so it seem slike business is consistently good for them.

One of the most interesting (funny?) things I've seen there is they started the "Leads Council" where they're interested in getting buyers and sellers of leads to support it with cash to lobby congress and set guidelines about the quality of leads in terms of the transparency of how they're sourced and making sure they are being generated honestly. Sounds like a pile of trash to me, but I'll admit a part of me is wondering if there are good companies out there trying to do the right thing.

Beyond that, their are a lot of other lead generators the go to the show. I've talked to a lot of the buyers (usually get 500-1,000 people at my booth) and there are a bunch of them that actually (at least claim) to do well with internet leads.

The other really neat thing about the show is they have a lot of discussions/presentations about doing lead generation/management/marketing that are super useful. As I said earlier, for an individual running lead cards or a one/two man (or woman) shop, I think it's just not actionable because it's stuff that takes time/money to implement.

Back