LeadPod & One Call Closes

ComeCorrect

Expert
I was on another forum today and an agent made reference to having to be able to one call close if you use LeadPod or else the financial investment would be to great. I guess I just dont have a complete understanding as to why this (not one call closing) would present a financial burden. I would like to get some feedback from some agents who have or still use LeadPod regarding this. Thanks

I was on another forum today and an agent made reference to having to be able to one call close if you use LeadPod or else the financial investment would be to great. I guess I just dont have a complete understanding as to why this (not one call closing) would present a financial burden. I would like to get some feedback from some agents who have or still use LeadPod regarding this. Thanks

Well with Leadpod you pay a fee for leadpod to call your leads and transfer interested people to you...You only pay for the transfered calls and I would assume if you can 1 call close them then that would be nice but I don't see how your committment would rise if you needed to call them back you would be doing to call back not leadpod...just set a phone appt.

"One call closes" are like pickin' up women in a bar at 2:30AM...might be great for one night, but if you're in it for the longer term...

Gotcha. I hear a lot about one call closes but often wonder how many of those stay on the books. I will always ask for the application at the end of my presentation but if they're not ready that day (for whatever reason) then I dont push it. I'm definitely in it for the long term.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well with Leadpod you pay a fee for leadpod to call your leads and transfer interested people to you...You only pay for the transfered calls and I would assume if you can 1 call close them then that would be nice but I don't see how your committment would rise if you needed to call them back you would be doing to call back not leadpod...just set a phone appt.

My thoughts exactly but I figured I would ask around since i'm a rookie.

Last edited:
Dude, what are you talking about?

This is health insurance, not the ab roller, if they decide to make a purchase, they don't cancel after a one call close unless you're a call center/boiler room jack ass who pressures the client into making a decision.

If you suck so will your retention.

If you rock, well then, it's all good!

Why does everyone perceive one call closing as a 'slamming' technique. That's not the case when it comes to a sales professional. My Father one call closed people selling Electrolux vacuums because he was taught how to do it properly (as I was), no BS, no pressure, all skill, because if you didn't convert that person, you rarely got the sale following up (sound familiar insurance agents?) and then you had to knock on 100 more doors to get into another house.

:1err:

"One call closes" are like pickin' up women in a bar at 2:30AM...might be great for one night, but if you're in it for the longer term...

As I recall... those were some of my best moments... invisible, bullet proof and Rick Flair... all rolled into one. And if I remember right, everyone I brought home was a 10...

This is health insurance, not the ab roller, if they decide to make a purchase, they don't cancel after a one call close unless you're a call center/boiler room jack ass who pressures the client into making a decision.

Yep.

If you are not one call closing, what you are not doing is your JOB. You are not pulling out objections, LISTENING to your client or providing the service THEY requested.

Anyone who thinks one call close is slamming, will have a rough ride in this business.

Full disclosure - I do receive a 10% royalty on all of Robs book sales from this post. LOL.

J T the nature boy. What an animal.

If the one call close works for you, great. Like everything else, it's not for everyone.

I think people have a totally different definition on what a one-call close is.

I have a hunch some of you believe a "one-call close" is about burning your bridges. Pressuring the life out of a prospect.

"One Call Closing" is all about the Qualifying. Finding out all you can about the prospect and using that information to help them get what they want.

And let's be honest, these prospects need to have someone make up their mind for them. Some agents are more subtle than others with this, but it is the truth. Ever wonder how a prospect ended up with Mega, UA, GR Saver Plans, Assurant Save Right...etc? It is usually one of two things...

1. the prospect bought the cheapest plan.

2. An agent made the decision for them.

A very low percentage of prospects actually research health insurance, and are interested in finding the best solution for their individual situation. Most of them just want the answers, delivered on a platter for them. Let people who come onto forums, asking questions to which the search function would easily provide the answers.

Back