Leads (companies) DONT Suck Now Do They!

Insurance_Pro

this almost sounds like an old time joke or something.
:twitchy:

so i get started w/ buying senior leads from multiple companies.
(for the first time)

one company (company-A)
sends me about 9 leads in a row one saturday - when it came time to contact the leads noticed that all 9 had the same exact birthdate 3/3 (march 3). this was also a free trial to get started where i received so many free leads for signing up.

the phone numbers were all correct for the individuals but when i called them NONE OF THEM HAD EVER SIGNED UP FOR ONLINE LEADS or requested quotes - not a single one of them.

could this mean........

someone who had a senior 'list' (much like a cold calling list) went on and entered in all these seniors information but left out whatever it was whoever bought the list didnt pay for when they purchased it - the DOB (i purchase lists too)

does that mean it may have been someone from the lead company selling bogus leads and perhaps didnt anticipate all them going to the same person all at once ?
(they all had same zip code)

:mad:

then about over half the leads i have been receiving have been 'credits' - worthless leads looking for something else other then senior products. I am even wondering if someone at the lead company is going to start questioning the validity of my return claims - are they going to issue all these credits??? LOL

today received a lead from (company-B)
then at the same exact time (with in seconds of one another) received another lead from (company-C).

like batman - i was ready and called the first one immediately only to find out she was looking for dental coverage.......... so hung up and got to the next lead that came in simultaneously. Opened it up started dialing the phone number and SHAZAM - it was the same EXACT lead i just called and was looking at from the other company.

so 2 companies sent the same exact lead to the same person.

could this mean???
company A sells their lead to 5 or so agents then turns around and sells it to company B who then sells it to their 5 agents AND ON DOWN THE LINE

:D

:skeptical:

Yep. Well documented.

There are a network of lead vendors that sell to each other all day. Netquote, insureme, allwebleads, insuranceleads, insuranceagents, for sure. I've gotten some overlap with others but it's rare enough that I assume it was due to companies buying the same ppc ads. Brokersweb ppc is notorious for popunder and pOpup to get people to fill out multiples. Netquote still does incentivized leads, so any of the above vendors also do because they sell to each other.

They then sell the data again as aged.

There are affiliates out there pushing data lists through the affiliate links, the vendors don't verify the affiliates quality either.

It's comical.

I'm not saying all lead vendors are bad, I even make decent money off Netquote, but I do understand what they're really doing.

The vendor eats all the profit by bidding up the cost of advertising then spreads the cost between agents who can't all close the same lead.

I did cut Netquote to a very small area just because of the new cap but I get their leads at 5$ now so my roi is pretty good or I probably would have just cancelled.

You call your self Insurance Pro, but you fell for the online leads game!

face palm.......

I met a guy who works for a lead vendor (insweb). He is more of an IT guy without insurance experience but he said the business model is terrible for the client. As somebody else mentioned, the leads are sold over and over again among the various websites. He has been there 3 years and says he doesn't even bother getting to know the sales reps anymore because they rarely last more than 3-4 months.

SO, long story short, I just shouldn't purchase ANY LEADS FROM LEAD VENDORS? It's just a complete waste of money? New guy in the business, just asking.
-Dave

SO, long story short, I just shouldn't purchase ANY LEADS FROM LEAD VENDORS? It's just a complete waste of money? New guy in the business, just asking.
-Dave

There are many agents on the forum that make a living working leads but it depends on the market you are working and the type of lead you are buying.

I have found that P and C leads (with a concrete system in place) can yield a decent return. I have found life insurance leads typically lead to folks with unrealistic expectations, little to no income, disability... aka adverse selection.

How there is no class-action lawsuit or major complaint filed with the Federal Trade Commission is beyond me. Either from agents who by the leads based on shady sales practices, or unsuspecting customers who have their information passed around to Lord knows how many agents. The fact that all web leads who now owns insurance quotes and netquote which they recycle the leads among themselves for additional revenue is deceptive trade practices. For example, on auto insurance leads, there is an implied consent to run a quote by virtue of getting the lead information. I know of agents who automatically run the quote soon as they get the lead, but the problem is most if not all auto insurance carriers use credit scoring to some extent in the quoting process. While the use of credit and insurance is generally not a hard-hit, if I didn't request a quote and my information got passed around to agents and they ran a quote in part upon credit factors from falsely receiving my information/lead, I would have a problem with that

Back