Leads Input from FE and MedSupp Agents

Professor Leads

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am honing my lead gen skills for FE and Med Supp and would like further input from more agents. I have a few agents on here testing my leads and you are welcome to share your experience here! I want to continue to improve the quality of my leads with your input.

What I really want to know from producing agents is this, would you rather have:

Volume or Quality?

Of course, in a perfect lead gen world we want 10's on both, right? But I am trying to find that sweet spot. I know some agents can do really well with volume because of a "get me in front of a prospect and I'll write a policy" attitude, while others only want to deal with the highest quality leads available.

Naturally, the higher the Q, the lower the V, and the higher the Cost.

Are you willing to pay high C for high Q, even if it means low V?
Or are you an agent that wants high V, accepting of okay Q, for low C?

Where is that balance for you as an agent?

I'd rather not charge $35/lead but I certainly can get the Q there to make the ROI work for agents if that's where the demand is.

At the same time I do not want to deliver crap Q just to give high V and low C...unless of course that's what agents want?

I guess what I am asking is for agents to rank your priorities...

Volume, Quality, and Cost on a scale of 1-10 and in priority order, the higher the number the more important that aspect. A "10" in volume would likely mean a "5" in Quality and "5" in Cost for example. You can only allocate 20 total points.

As an agent myself I would want something like this...

V (8) means med-high volume
Q (8) means med-high quality
C (4) means med-high cost

I think right now I am delivering something like this...

V (8) med-high
Q (7) med-high
C (5) med

What do YOU want?

What are you willing to pay for your parameters?

For example,

V (8)
Q (7)
C (5)($10/lead)

or

Q (9)
V (3)
C (8)($20/lead)

Am I making any damn sense?

I am honing my lead gen skills for FE and Med Supp and would like further input from more agents. I have a few agents on here testing my leads and you are welcome to share your experience here! I want to continue to improve the quality of my leads with your input. What I really want to know from producing agents is this, would you rather have: Volume or Quality? Of course, in a perfect lead gen world we want 10's on both, right? But I am trying to find that sweet spot. I know some agents can do really well with volume because of a "get me in front of a prospect and I'll write a policy" attitude, while others only want to deal with the highest quality leads available. Naturally, the higher the Q, the lower the V, and the higher the Cost. Are you willing to pay high C for high Q, even if it means low V? Or are you an agent that wants high V, accepting of okay Q, for low C? Where is that balance for you as an agent? I'd rather not charge $35/lead but I certainly can get the Q there to make the ROI work for agents if that's where the demand is. At the same time I do not want to deliver crap Q just to give high V and low C...unless of course that's what agents want? I guess what I am asking is for agents to rank your priorities... Volume, Quality, and Cost on a scale of 1-10 and in priority order, the higher the number the more important that aspect. A "10" in volume would likely mean a "5" in Quality and "5" in Cost for example. You can only allocate 20 total points. As an agent myself I would want something like this... V (8) means med-high volume Q (8) means med-high quality C (4) means med-high cost I think right now I am delivering something like this... V (8) med-high Q (7) med-high C (5) med What do YOU want? What are you willing to pay for your parameters? For example, V (8) Q (7) C (5)($10/lead) or Q (9) V (3) C (8)($20/lead) Am I making any damn sense?

Do you really need to be "spoon fed" how much a lead should cost?

Here is an idea - start selling leads and see what sort of feedback you get on ROI.

I thought you were an agent previously?

Maybe you could use a similar pricing structure that you were comfortable with as a producer?

Do you really need to be "spoon fed" how much a lead should cost?

Here is an idea - start selling leads and see what sort of feedback you get on ROI.

I thought you were an agent previously?

Maybe you could use a similar pricing structure that you were comfortable with as a producer?

Nope, I know what I would pay (and have paid) for a lead but I have always worked alone, never in an office, never with other agents. So I only know what I have paid over the years. But I haven't purchased a lead in over 5 years now.

Where did I ask how much a lead should cost??? I didn't. I asked for priorities.

Early in my sales career I wanted volume...after about 5 years I wanted quality over volume.

So, no Hero, I do not need to be "spoon fed" anything...I am just looking for input from agents on what is most important to them...volume, quality, or cost?

What is the problem with asking agents what they want?

Last edited:
Nope, I know what I would pay (and have paid) for a lead but I have always worked alone, never in an office, never with other agents. So I only know what I have paid over the years. But I haven't purchased a lead in over 5 years now. Early in my sales career I wanted volume...after about 5 years I wanted quality over volume. So, no Hero, I do not need to be "spoon fed" anything...I am just looking for input from agents on what is most important to them...volume, quality, or cost? What is the problem with asking agents what they want?

There is no problem in asking agents what they want, in your previous thread you made it sound like you were a recent "field agent".

Honestly - it sounded like a decent program as you described it.

Don't get lost in 'analysis paralysis' which is what this post sounded like to me.

My name is Glen, but Hero is cool too :)

Nope, I know what I would pay (and have paid) for a lead but I have always worked alone, never in an office, never with other agents. So I only know what I have paid over the years. But I haven't purchased a lead in over 5 years now.

Where did I ask how much a lead should cost??? I didn't. I asked for priorities.

Early in my sales career I wanted volume...after about 5 years I wanted quality over volume.

So, no Hero, I do not need to be "spoon fed" anything...I am just looking for input from agents on what is most important to them...volume, quality, or cost?

What is the problem with asking agents what they want?

Marketers do it every day Ever get a survey?

I would do the same thing. Feedback is how Buis grows how it gets better.

My website company wants me to create a survey to all my clients. How do you know how to improve if you don't find out where you stand

There is no problem in asking agents what they want, in your previous thread you made it sound like you were a recent "field agent". Honestly - it sounded like a decent program as you described it. Don't get lost in 'analysis paralysis' which is what this post sounded like to me. My name is Glen, but Hero is cool too :)

... And my $0.02, volume usually trumps quality.

... And my $0.02, volume usually trumps quality.

And this is simply not True. If I get big volume and cost less I make more ROI but close less deals, And grow less or dont grow at all.

I get shared internet leads for free from one of My FMO's I run them on occasion when I am slow I can catch a deal here or there and its free thats great, However if I ran them only all month I would work my A.. off and close mabye 5 deals. 100% ROI but I would not be getting anywhere

I would much prefer to pay more and get Great quality and close much more deals any day of the week

I only mind when I pay more and the quality is not there

And this is simply not True. If I get big volume and cost less I make more ROI but close less deals, And grow less or dont grow at all. I get shared internet leads for free from one of My FMO's I run them on occasion when I am slow I can catch a deal here or there and its free thats great, However if I ran them only all month I would work my A.. off and close mabye 5 deals. 100% ROI but I would not be getting anywhere I would much prefer to pay more and get Great quality and close much more deals any day of the week I only mind when I pay more and the quality is not there

There is definitely a market for those who would like to pay more for leads and have a higher closing percentage, I completely agree with you.

However, I lean towards choosing ROI ... If you are a "one man" operation, you may want the higher cost leads or a mix of both lead types.

Back