Leadscon

Yup, fly out Tuesday morning. Fifth time going.

Cool, have a good time. I'm passing on Vegas this year. I've never done the fall event in NYC, so I'm gonna do that this year. I'm not a big fan of Vegas anyway - and really not a fan of the flight there from the east coast. I wish they'd move it to Orlando. But that's just me.

Cool, have a good time. I'm passing on Vegas this year. I've never done the fall event in NYC, so I'm gonna do that this year. I'm not a big fan of Vegas anyway - and really not a fan of the flight there from the east coast. I wish they'd move it to Orlando. But that's just me.

They like having one in each coat.

The Vegas show is a lot better than the NYC show.

What is the benefit of ;leadscon any way?

I know my crm people and guess from this past post my website and email marketing people as well will be there and that's cool

but as far as actual lead providers I see a lot of junk like precise and all web leads. Providers I wouldn't recommend to an enemy

I covered this a bit in another thread, but the advantage to LeadsCon really has a lot less of an impact if you're a small shop. Ignoring the vendors for a moment, the content of the workshops is really significant and geared towards making lead generation and cultivation improvements. Unless you have a marketing team (or at least one person with a full-time job of marketing), most of the content you see, no matter how useful, won't be actionable. For example, they had an entire presentation on a new approach to doing web development that was only useful if you had at least a few web developers and were actively working on unique and/or more sophisticated designs; if your website is a few pages of content with a video and a contact form, it literally doesn't mean anything.

The networking opportunities are pretty real. You'd be surprised at how many lead generators go there that would love to sell direct instead of going through aggregators. If you do business in just your backyard (or even just your state for that matter), it won't make much difference, but if you are doing business in at least half the country and are looking to get closer to the source of where leads are generated, lots of folks at LeadsCon are actually involved in doing the generation vs just reselling the leads.

As far as the vendors go, again, it's going to matter more for bigger shops. Thinks like pixel tracking and retargeting don't mean anything to a guy running lead cards. There are a lot of cool validation tools and lead cultivation tools there, but for an agent that doesn't even have an email newsletter setup, it's beyond useless to show up.

So who is LeadsCon for? Agencies seriously interested in growing their marketing efforts with the budget and manpower to support it. I'm sure any agent could get something out of it, but between the cost of the travel, the tickets, and losing three days of production time it's a lot harder for an individual agent to get a good return on the investment.

I covered this a bit in another thread, but the advantage to LeadsCon really has a lot less of an impact if you're a small shop. Ignoring the vendors for a moment, the content of the workshops is really significant and geared towards making lead generation and cultivation improvements. Unless you have a marketing team (or at least one person with a full-time job of marketing), most of the content you see, no matter how useful, won't be actionable. For example, they had an entire presentation on a new approach to doing web development that was only useful if you had at least a few web developers and were actively working on unique and/or more sophisticated designs; if your website is a few pages of content with a video and a contact form, it literally doesn't mean anything.

The networking opportunities are pretty real. You'd be surprised at how many lead generators go there that would love to sell direct instead of going through aggregators. If you do business in just your backyard (or even just your state for that matter), it won't make much difference, but if you are doing business in at least half the country and are looking to get closer to the source of where leads are generated, lots of folks at LeadsCon are actually involved in doing the generation vs just reselling the leads.

As far as the vendors go, again, it's going to matter more for bigger shops. Thinks like pixel tracking and retargeting don't mean anything to a guy running lead cards. There are a lot of cool validation tools and lead cultivation tools there, but for an agent that doesn't even have an email newsletter setup, it's beyond useless to show up.

So who is LeadsCon for? Agencies seriously interested in growing their marketing efforts with the budget and manpower to support it. I'm sure any agent could get something out of it, but between the cost of the travel, the tickets, and losing three days of production time it's a lot harder for an individual agent to get a good return on the investment.

What's a lead card?

What's a lead card?

file.php

you would think by the name it would be more about internet lead providers rather then self generating.

Back