LEAP and Cheaper Alternatives?

TomZack

Super Genius
My focus is Life and annuity products.

For those who are familiar with the (expensive) LEAP software program.....

Are there mini versions or less expensive or alternative options in the marketplace?

The larger mutual Life companies have LEAP or something like it for their offices and agents.

I am an independent who needs to watch his start up costs. Is there something for people like me who would appreciate a powerful, persuasive tool (like LEAP) to use to sell life and annuities with potential clients ?

As always, thank you, in advance, for any information/experience you would be kind enough to share with me.

I prefer RetirementView software. It's literally quick, simple, and visual.

http://tinyurl.com/DHKRetirementView

I have an affiliate program for it, so I would appreciate it if you would use my link. You'll want the version for Advisors that allows you to create unlimited plans, etc.

In addition, I also prefer the training from the Insurance Pro Shop. Right now, they are having a sale (25% off) on their systems, but I would start with their Members Only site with their video training for $35/month:

http://www.insuranceproshop.com/insurancemarketing/insurancemarketing.html

Then you can upgrade to one of their other systems later on.

Thanks DHK...

I am using your link to check it all out.

Funny that you should mention InsuranceProShop. I have been investigating their site as well as Iliaa and their offerings for training, marketing, education, etc.

What are your feelings about ILIAA?

So you recommend Insurance Pro Shop as legit and quality info?

I can't really comment on ILIAA, although I think I had a free membership to their basic site? I can't remember now.

I have been rather consistent with my support and endorsement of the Insurance Pro Shop for quite some time now. My testimonial is on their site from December, 2014.

What makes IPS different from LEAP, Circle of Wealth, and all those other systems, is that you BECOME a great producer & advisor, rather than a "system user" (that you pay for over and over again).

IPS keeps everything SIMPLE. You don't even NEED a computer, other than the Excel templates that they provide in their systems to create simplified proposals.

In addition, you learn how to do a REAL fact-finding session. The sale is made in the fact-find. Until I had the IPS training, the only real fact-finding I did wasn't a fact-find, but a suitability review form.

The problem with LEAP... is that it is expensive and time-consuming to do a comprehensive job. Plus, the learning curve is STEEP. The process for the "comprehensive job" was:
1 - Initial meeting with "Personal Finance & Wealth Building" and "PS&G Model" booklets
2 - Fact-Finding
3 - Protection Module
4 - Savings Module
5 - Growth Module
6 - External Design to coordinate between all 3 modules.

That's way too time consuming and complex. Today, I'd only do that much work for a $50,000 annual commissionable premium. Even then, I'd probably communicate far more with far less complexity if I stick to what IPS has already taught me and do the job in 1-2 appointments, rather than 6.

I did my own review of various software packages about 6 years ago, so you might find a nugget or two in this.
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...rial-leaps-wealth-motion-software-t26937.html

In this post in the sticky thread in the Getting Started forum, I put together, in my opinion, the MOST EFFECTIVE and LEAST EXPENSIVE way for a life agent who wants to do business on a consultation basis:
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...ance-new-life-agents-t29999-2.html#post981748

BTW, if you buy one of the IPS systems, you get 2 hours of coaching per month for 3 months to help you get started. I think that's huge!

----------

Check out their YouTube channels so you can get a sense of what you'll learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again....thank you!

I am just now trying to download the free demo of RetirementView but my anti-virus software is blocking it, saying that it is trying to change or delete my files.

thoughts?

Ok, I'll try it now.

----------

Ok Got it to run.

Many thanks!

I will also check out the other links you provided. Much appreciated!

----------

also....just started reading in the links and threads you provided. Very good information and a wealth of knowledge.

Sincere appreciation.

All good stuff guys.
I would throw in one other, newer, sales training system into the mix. The Taylor Method (TheTaylorMethod.com), which is a fully web-based, mobile friendly sales system with eBook, videos, and live webinars that provides concepts and specific language to use no matter what stage of the sales cycle you want to focus on. It's also created and curated constantly by an active, Top of the Table producer, so you're getting relevant content.

I agree with DHK on the points about LEAP, specifically the price point. There are tons of programs out there, and the most important thing I've learned is that you have to choose a system that is easy to use and accessible at any time because advisors won't use it and then that system "doesn't work" for them. That's why The Taylor Method works for me because I can access the training videos directly from my phone.

Full disclosure: I use The Taylor Method personally and also work for them.

Always stick with what works for you.

However, I will admit, compared to the Insurance Pro Shop (membership site is only $35/month), the Taylor Method has some steep price points - $99/month, $199/month, and even $499/month... although you do get a 7-day free trial.

Granted, I am not comparing any value... because I have not experienced anything from The Taylor Method as I did with Insurance Pro Shop. Lew Nason puts out a LOT of various articles so you get a sense of the philosophy behind his systems. I do see there is a blog there and the chance to join his email newsletter, so I'll have to check those things out.

Back