Leave messages when telemarketing businesses?

Golddoor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texico
Im getting a lot of answering machine and voice mails when telemarketing businesses. Do you leave a message when that happens?

No, but people here will disagree. I've tried it and the math doesn't work out. In the time it takes you to leave a message you could be dialing more numbers and getting leads. No one calls you back. I'm sure if you left an insane amount of messages you might get a call-back but that one callback nowhere near makes up for just continuing to dial numbers. Just my experience.

Messages are always debatable. Some say to be straight forward. Others say do nothing. A few will suggest a teaser message.

"Hi Bill, this is Bob. My number is 404-252-5859. I was looking over your account and just noticed . . . ." (click)

It will drive them crazy wondering who you are, which account you are calling about, and what the issue is.

Of course it will probably piss them off when they do call and find out why you are calling.

Lol. I'll get people calling back just from seeing the called ID. 99.99% of the time as soon as you get to the point they're off the phone.

You're good if you're pulling 2 solid leads per hour. To get those 2 leads per hour you need to dial a lot of numbers and that's not possible if you're leaving a lot of messages.

Messages are always debatable. Some say to be straight forward. Others say do nothing. A few will suggest a teaser message.

"Hi Bill, this is Bob. My number is 404-252-5859. I was looking over your account and just noticed . . . ." (click)

It will drive them crazy wondering who you are, which account you are calling about, and what the issue is.

Of course it will probably piss them off when they do call and find out why you are calling.

HaHAHA, that is awesome.....

This is probably not the best thread to share this but here goes....today after several weeks of not calling for health and dental reasons I decided to try and get back in the mix.(it's hard getting back into the "work") and do a little cold-calling. Well if anybody out there who ever had dentures you have to learn to "retalk", so after about my fifteenth call with no luck I made a call to this old man; he sounded about like that olddddd man on the Simpson's when he said hello, when I got through introducing myself and asking if I could drop by tomorrow and review his medicare he interrupted me and shouted"PEDICURE , I AIN't HAD NO GOD##!@% PEDICURE and slammed the phone down in my ear! Now I don't know if it was my talking or that ol' Confederate Veteran's hearing but man, I roared like a lion!!! He don't realize it but he made my day, tomorrow when I am in his area I'm gonna stop by and introduce myself to him and see what happens, hopefully he will also find it funny. I'm not gonna even try to sell him anything, I just gotta meet that man!!:biggrin:

Whats the difference in using that "teaser" message and all the post yesterday( "I have it through my husbands job" )about Agents using decieving opening scripts. That decieving also.

"hello mr. biz owner this is ben gay of abc insurance we spoke last fall before the holidays about your health ins. and you said to get back with you in the spring and I was wondering if now is a good time to give you that quote?"

Last edited:
This is probably not the best thread to share this but here goes....today after several weeks of not calling for health and dental reasons I decided to try and get back in the mix.(it's hard getting back into the "work") and do a little cold-calling. Well if anybody out there who ever had dentures you have to learn to "retalk", so after about my fifteenth call with no luck I made a call to this old man; he sounded about like that olddddd man on the Simpson's when he said hello, when I got through introducing myself and asking if I could drop by tomorrow and review his medicare he interrupted me and shouted"PEDICURE , I AIN't HAD NO GOD##!@% PEDICURE and slammed the phone down in my ear! Now I don't know if it was my talking or that ol' Confederate Veteran's hearing but man, I roared like a lion!!! He don't realize it but he made my day, tomorrow when I am in his area I'm gonna stop by and introduce myself to him and see what happens, hopefully he will also find it funny. I'm not gonna even try to sell him anything, I just gotta meet that man!!:biggrin:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back