Leaving a Message when Cold Calling

cjones

I am cold calling for p&c quotes and was just curious how many get a response when they leave a voicemail when cold calling? I know its not gonna hurt anything to leave a message but just curious if anyone has any luck doing that?

I have the mojo dialer, it automatically leaves a prerecorded message for me when I encounter answering machines. I also leave them with the secretary sometimes. I haven't noticed any call backs for it, but this isn't something that can be measured other than less than 1% i would venture based on what I have read. Also I have read and heard many times that leaving a message will induce saturation (if done it many times some say upto 5-7x) and will keep you in their mind. Personally, my list is too big to call someone i have just called recently, to leave them another message.

I am cold calling for p&c quotes and was just curious how many get a response when they leave a voicemail when cold calling? I know its not gonna hurt anything to leave a message but just curious if anyone has any luck doing that?

I always leave a message. The trick is to leave just enough information that they have a reason to call you back. The callbacks for P&C is much greater than cold-calling for med supps. If the person does call you back, it means that they do want to talk to you at least.

For me it would depend on how many vm's I am hitting.

I'm starting my cold calling campaign monday, so I don't have my own stats yet as an indy agent....

However, if I found that I was encountering lot's of vm, like 30% or more, I don't know if I'd leave a vm the first time. Too much time tied up.

I never leave a voice mail when calling the senior market. I have tried it and I never or hardly ever get callbacks.

I have more seniors call me back when I don't leave a message. They usually say, "Who is this? Your number is on my caller ID. Why did you call me?" I proceed to tell them and a fair percentage of them have taken a policy.

Anyone tried the Voicemail leads?

It's when a dialer bypasses live people and only leaves voice messages?

It sounds a lot like a mailer to me...

out of thousand VM's you should get 10-20 calls back?

Or not??

What's the word?

VaDwayne...your post conjures up images in my mind....

Messages like....

it seems I may have gotten your tax refund by mistake..can you call me at 867-5309:nah:

I have some pictures of you that you might want showing up on the internet...please call me right away...:no:

Thank God it's Friday:laugh:

I always leave a message. The trick is to leave just enough information that they have a reason to call you back. The callbacks for P&C is much greater than cold-calling for med supps. If the person does call you back, it means that they do want to talk to you at least.

I agree VaDwayne. I want to hear your script.

Back