Leaving a Message when Cold Calling

Good Job Somarco!

Some GREAT ideas like that in this book: Little Red Book of Selling. IMO, one of the Best books for anyone in selling for ideas that work.

We had a sales guy use Somarco's method but he would always make sure he left his name & ph # first. He was also great at telling jokes so he'd get to the punch line in a joke & hang up. Folks would call back wanting the punch line!

That idea came from here: Little Red Book of Selling

I am cold calling for p&c quotes and was just curious how many get a response when they leave a voicemail when cold calling? I know its not gonna hurt anything to leave a message but just curious if anyone has any luck doing that?

You want them to call you back. when you get VM say " Hi Sam this is Bob Im not sure if we should be talking my pone number is ....... and hang up.

You will get at least 50 percent return calls.
Then you better know what to say when they call you back because they will call you back.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am cold calling for p&c quotes and was just curious how many get a response when they leave a voicemail when cold calling? I know its not gonna hurt anything to leave a message but just curious if anyone has any luck doing that?

You want them to call you back. when you get VM say " Hi Sam this is Bob Im not sure if we should be talking my pone number is ....... and hang up.

You will get at least 50 percent return calls.
Then you better know what to say when they call you back because they will call you back

Last edited:
I can see the good and bad of both sides. Where as it takes time to do VMs so it means less Calls per hour but if those people do bite it could mean a sale your wouldn't of other wise gotten. I kinda like the fundamental reason some places ask you to join there membership card club it may slow down the like at a store but even if they dont get people to get the cards at least they tried and someone may want one.

I e'er reach a substance. The twist is to forbear virtuous enough aggregation that they have a think to inclination you play. The callbacks for P&C is more greater than cold-calling for med supps. If the cause does inclination you posterior, it capital that they do poverty to divulge to you at small.

Kalvas88..

Sorry but I know you wrote words in English, but I have no idea what you're trying to say...."inclination you posterior, it capital that they do poverty to divulge to you at small?

I need a road map to figure out what you just wrote...maybe cause it's after 4 a.m. here in TN, but WOW!! I guess I should have been drinking...maybe I'd get it..:D

Now that was pretty funny.

Kalvas88..

Sorry but I know you wrote words in English, but I have no idea what you're trying to say...."inclination you posterior, it capital that they do poverty to divulge to you at small?

I need a road map to figure out what you just wrote...maybe cause it's after 4 a.m. here in TN, but WOW!! I guess I should have been drinking...maybe I'd get it..:D

Call Fire also has a feature where you can leave a pre-recorded message on voice mail. Also on Call Fire you can select the number they see on there caller ID.

I would use a voice message if I called the same number more than once and never got through. In more words after I used up the list after a couple calling campaigns going through it.

The only problem I see with leaving a voice message is what if the person is on the DNC list. Let say you scrub the list but still have someone on it from DNC. With a voice message is not that a sure way to get caught?

As for the caller ID I would want to use some kind of number that if they call back you will be able to know it. If you use a fictious number it could come back to hurt you.

kalvas88 is a spambot. I did a ip search on him, after he put up a lot of spam on that car part thing...

Ban and deleted him. He is a spambot , seo worker.\

HIs ip number is

Back