Leaving agency after 14 years

Actually there is no problem until there is one, was that a Yogi-ism?

Secondly, I'm hoping you're done trying to dig at me, the latest being the rock band comment, yes, it's so much cooler being an insurance broker, that must drive the chicks wild.

:D:twitchy:

If he chooses to listen only to those who tell him there is no problem since there is no contract, then fine. Maybe it will work out for him.

Certainly nothing wrong in telling it like it is in the real world, especially when it comes from folks with real world experience and that does not mean playing in a rock band.

OK...it is done. I resigned last Friday. They were shocked, upset and most importantly said we didn't have a non-compete which I thought. They would like to make it amicable, but I don't know how that can be done. Stating nothing can be done legally, at least any future talks can be discussed as equals.
I am happy it is over with, but I also feel like I let a friend down. Like I mentioned before, good people.

After working all day Saturday and most of Sunday, I got my first BOR today and several other clients are good to go. Now how do I go about getting their other unhappy agent to bring her business to me...hmmmmm. Better get my stuff together first.

Away we go.................

Who is the writing agent on these accounts? You or the agency? If you, did you assign commissions to the agency?

How much business did you write with Aetna?

I am the writing agent and the commissions were assigned to the agency.

In the Midwest, Aetna has a pretty weak product and rates for small businesses. They do a better job with large group. I would say I have about 10 accounts with them.

Congratulations!! It's good that you feel bad, and good that you took the step to being liberated! You'll do well sir.

OK...it is done. I resigned last Friday. They were shocked, upset and most importantly said we didn't have a non-compete which I thought. They would like to make it amicable, but I don't know how that can be done. Stating nothing can be done legally, at least any future talks can be discussed as equals.
I am happy it is over with, but I also feel like I let a friend down. Like I mentioned before, good people.

After working all day Saturday and most of Sunday, I got my first BOR today and several other clients are good to go. Now how do I go about getting their other unhappy agent to bring her business to me...hmmmmm. Better get my stuff together first.

Away we go.................

Congratulations!! It's good that you feel bad, and good that you took the step to being liberated! You'll do well sir.

Thank you for all your input. I'll keep you posted as to my progress and offer any advice I can to others. I may be off the forum for a bit to catch up, but will return...
Thanks again!!!

Back