Leaving Farmers w/o Really Leaving

Ok so I'm at a bit of a crossroads and I just wanted to get some opinions and thoughts.
I've been an agency producer for a Farmers agent for almost 6 years. I have done literally EVERYTHING in this office: reception, customer service, sales, marketing, hosting events, telemarketing, creating referral programs, even IT and tech support (something I had to learn specifically for this office because my boss doesn't understand anything computer related). I've learned everything I can from this agent and have done everything I could to make his business successful but now I have gotten to the point where I see that the agency is going nowhere, we're on a sinking ship with no rescue in sight. So I started applying for another position with other agencies.
I wound up getting hired with another insurance company for an office administration position because I am so sick and tired of sales. Because I work from home with the Farmers agent, I figured I could work both jobs with ease, neither would overlap and no one would need to be the wiser.
Now here's my question: is what I'm about to do a fineable offense with Farmers? I'm seeing nothing concerning this anywhere online and have even known other Farmers agents to turn their captive agencies into brokerages until getting the boot from Farmers after several years. What am I risking here? I really don't know.

Farmers on the East coast would allow you to sell anything that they did not have access to such as med supps but you could not sell any propduct which competed with anything they had or brokered. You risk being terminated by both companies

OP is not selling for another company.... they took an admin job. IDK if that is technically a conflict or not, I guess possibly since its another ins company.

Regardless, I'd say it sounds like its time to cut your losses and move on to whatever you feel will offer the best opportunity for you personally.

Back