Leaving Fliers on Cars?

If you are making house calls and no one is home (or they are hiding behind the curtain) leaving a door hanger is probably worthwhile.

But one person in particular used to promote "door hanger season" as a way to blanket a neighborhood and write business. Same person also said flyers on windshields work.

He is no longer in the business . . .

Flyer on doors might work for Jehovah's witness but I am skeptical about making a living selling insurance by leaving flyers and door hangers.

If you are making house calls and no one is home (or they are hiding behind the curtain) leaving a door hanger is probably worthwhile.

But one person in particular used to promote "door hanger season" as a way to blanket a neighborhood and write business. Same person also said flyers on windshields work.

He is no longer in the business . . .

Flyer on doors might work for Jehovah's witness but I am skeptical about making a living selling insurance by leaving flyers and door hangers.
Completely agree. I can’t imagine relying on them as my primary lead gen resource! The op’s suggested 1% response rate is pretty high, anyway. Mine have all been hung in lower income neighborhoods that are more likely to respond to that kind of thing, and my response rate is closer to .5% at best.

I'd call the city and report you for littering.

No he wouldn't. There is a list of things he would do to you. Poison you with a phosphene gas in an RV, strangle you with a bicycle u-lock, blow you up with a bomb under a wheelchair, shoot you with a gun mounted to the inside of a car trunk, shoot you in the head, run you over with a Pontiac Aztec, or have Jesse shoot you in the face.

Just sayin'.

Since this method reminded me of Frank Rumbauskas and his "Cold Calling is a Waste of Time" ebooks, etc., I found out that HE DIED a few months ago at the age of 45!

Just crazy. (Hate to say it, but maybe the stress of avoiding the cold-calling and prospecting just might've killed him!)

It's too bad he didn't accept cold calls himself. Read this:
"One way to honor Frank, and support our dear friend Dana, is to help provide funds for this very difficult time of life and for the long road ahead. Funds gathered here will be transferred to a trust for the health, education, maintenance and support of Agnes and Maeve. We encourage you, if you are able, to help in the support of The Rumbauskas family."

Frank Joseph Rumbauskas Jr. Obituary - Dallas, TX

Last edited:
It would appear he did not have (enough) life insurance. "Died unexpectedly". I have a problem with that phrase.

Kind of like "senseless murder".

Doesn't everyone die unexpectedly? And when does murder make sense?

Oh, he deserved to die.

Or, he had been sick for year but still we didn't expect it.

Maybe I should say goodnight . . . .

Another issue is that the TYPE of person to respond to a car flier may be a poor prospect compared to someone that comes from referral, for example.

I find that all the customers I get that call in from word of mouth, or that I get from proactively asking for referrals are much better than the crap clients I used to get from internet leads.

Last edited:
It would appear he did not have (enough) life insurance. "Died unexpectedly". I have a problem with that phrase.

Kind of like "senseless murder".

Doesn't everyone die unexpectedly? And when does murder make sense?

Oh, he deserved to die.

Or, he had been sick for year but still we didn't expect it.

Maybe I should say goodnight . . . .
I would say the guy strapped in the electric chair expects to die even though he might be praying for the call from the governor..

I would say the guy strapped in the electric chair expects to die even though he might be praying for the call from the governor..

You know, it's actually pretty interesting. If you ever read about the people that have been put to death, some of them are so nutso-bonkers, who knows how much of their reality they are actually in touch with.

Back