Leaving Group Question

Dowejonez

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Iowa
I finally got my client, aged 68, enrolled in Part B on the 7th month after he quit working. For some reason I thought he'd also get an SEP for Part D or MAPD.
Anyone know? I suppose if he doesn't get an SEP for Part D he wouldn't be able to get an MA either.

I finally got my client, aged 68, enrolled in Part B on the 7th month after he quit working. For some reason I thought he'd also get an SEP for Part D or MAPD.
Anyone know? I suppose if he doesn't get an SEP for Part D he wouldn't be able to get an MA either.

When's the Part B start? I'm assuming it's later than his Part A. He'd have the 3 months preceeding his Part B to use his ICEP to enroll into an MA/MAPD.

Find out his Part D date (likely the same as his Part A date). He might be in his IEP to enroll into a PDP. He'd have the 3 months prior, month of, and 3 months after his Part D date to enroll into a PDP.

Sounds like he missed out on his SEP for leaving group coverage to enroll into an MA/MAPD/PDP.

should be able to use ICEP for mapd as long the effective date is on or before his part b effective date.

should be able to use ICEP for mapd as long the effective date is on or before his part b effective date.

I started the Part B on Sept 1 and gave his MAPD Sept 1 on the app. Your comment just reminded me that on the document emailed to me showing receipt and the entry of the app into the system it had a start date of Aug 29. What?

I've had many problems in the past year with companies not getting apps issued right when they are other than 65 age ins.

I started the Part B on Sept 1 and gave his MAPD Sept 1 on the app. Your comment just reminded me that on the document emailed to me showing receipt and the entry of the app into the system it had a start date of Aug 29. What?

I've had many problems in the past year with companies not getting apps issued right when they are other than 65 age ins.

no way it was a start date for part b or the mapd. are you sure you weren't looking at the received date or signed date of application?

Having just looked at it it says Effective Date. Thinking maybe they meant effective in the tracking system, I looked at one sent in about the same time but for Oct 1 and it said Oct 1.....not going to pursue it.

I looked up whether he can still get his Part D this AM and it's looking like 60 days after last day of work. Now looking to see if he can have the MAPD or just an MA. I'ts good that he's healthy and takes one $4 drug.

Back