Leaving Ind'l Sales - Going to Group

ibjmnct22

Hi all, built up a nice renewal stream ($7k / month) of ind'l clients and with all the commission cuts and u/w hassles decided to pursue new career in group sales. Have a reputable firm willing to start me at salary + comm and wondering what people think about the long term outlook for group sales.

I don't think it is very good.

Yeah, it's not. Might want to look at another option, as group is under as much fire as individual.

Hi all, built up a nice renewal stream ($7k / month) of ind'l clients and with all the commission cuts and u/w hassles decided to pursue new career in group sales. Have a reputable firm willing to start me at salary + comm and wondering what people think about the long term outlook for group sales.

Personal opinion: small group is likely going to suffer, large group should stick around. Caveot: I could be completely wrong.

I disagree somewhat with the previous statements regarding group. Yes, it is under attack and yes commissions will be reduced/eliminated. This will lead to; 1) smaller market of group clients, 2) fewer agents/brokers working in the market, and 3) of those agents/brokers working, they will be the better of the bunch.

That said, there will be a demand for group sales, both medical and non-medical coverages, including retirement. On the medical side, which generates significant income, you will need to have self-funding in your portfolio otherwise it will become very difficult to make a good living.

Good luck with your decision.

thanks.......always been a big fan of self funding so will look to bring that option to the table when it's a good fit.

You should Be Excited to have your Renewals at 7k+!!!!!

Next Like i stated in another post Premiums are going up and Commissions are being cut. So my advice is to diversify your income stream, meaning the Products/Services that you sell.

Last edited:
Back