Leaving Message on Answering Machine?

lakeloveroktx

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Do any of you leave messages on answering machines when cold calling?

I am using sales dialers if that maters.

i used to with them, but no one ever calls back, and it slows your calls per hour down. i got a magic jack, set it up to display that number, so when people miss a call, they call the display number back, and hear my pitch... it's rare that they hang up before listening to the entire message.... and pretty rare that they leave their name saying they want more info

i used to with them, but no one ever calls back, and it slows your calls per hour down. i got a magic jack, set it up to display that number, so when people miss a call, they call the display number back, and hear my pitch... it's rare that they hang up before listening to the entire message.... and pretty rare that they leave their name saying they want more info

Plus one on that.
. .

For me, I'm glad that a poster who registered in 2008 took the time to ask this question. We didn't beat a dead horse about this in umpteen other threads with damn near the same exact title.

Hope we can get some other opinions. I'm just dying for an answer.

Rick

For me, I'm glad that a poster who registered in 2008 took the time to ask this question. We didn't beat a dead horse about this in umpteen other threads with damn near the same exact title.

Hope we can get some other opinions. I'm just dying for an answer.

Rick

Thanks for the help guys. I read the forum a lot. I just wanted to know what you guys are doing recently. Things have changed a lot in the last couple of years. I just recently started using sales dialers and marketing for appointments this way.

Again thanks.

Do any of you leave messages on answering machines when cold calling?

I am using sales dialers if that maters.

I leave messages, and usually do get return phone calls. I average 2 returns on about 70 calls. I've had people call a month later when they were ready. Takes me less than a minute and if I make one extra deal....?:D

One issue I see if leaving messages is it ALMOST prevents, you from calling back multiple times in a 'short' period of time...

Meaning once you leave me a message, you've now got to wait a 'reasonable' amount of TIME for me to call you back or you're an azz..
ie.
a) You can't leave me message DAILY w/o coming across as a dick
b) If you leave a message on Monday you can't really call back til like Wednesday w/o being over bearing..."you JUST left a message on my machine at 6" attempting to try me back at 7:45 is now NOT a polite option BECAUSE of the message.

With no message I can dial at 6, 6:45, 7:30, 8:15 and TRY you at different times TOMORROW w/o necessarily coming off as 'rude' for not allowing me time to 'return' your call.

Just wanted to point out the 'spin' on how it could be 'perceived' from the side of the person you're trying to reach.

It's one thing to 'keeping me' but I'm more pissed if a effer left a message on my service at 4pm...I only 'hear' it at 6:30p and here the a-hole is ALREADY calling me AGAIN at 6:50pm...once you leave me message the ball IS in MY COURT for a while before it's rude to try me again

(As the guy MAKING the calls I don't want the power to continue the GAME to be in his court till I'm ready to stop aggressively playing....that's why I wouldn't leave messages until I'm ready to be passive in reaching folks)

One issue I see if leaving messages is it ALMOST prevents, you from calling back multiple times in a 'short' period of time...

Meaning once you leave me a message, you've now got to wait a 'reasonable' amount of TIME for me to call you back or you're an azz..
ie.
a) You can't leave me message DAILY w/o coming across as a dick
b) If you leave a message on Monday you can't really call back til like Wednesday w/o being over bearing..."you JUST left a message on my machine at 6" attempting to try me back at 7:45 is now NOT a polite option BECAUSE of the message.

With no message I can dial at 6, 6:45, 7:30, 8:15 and TRY you at different times TOMORROW w/o necessarily coming off as 'rude' for not allowing me time to 'return' your call.

Just wanted to point out the 'spin' on how it could be 'perceived' from the side of the person you're trying to reach.

It's one thing to 'keeping me' but I'm more pissed if a effer left a message on my service at 4pm...I only 'hear' it at 6:30p and here the a-hole is ALREADY calling me AGAIN at 6:50pm...once you leave me message the ball IS in MY COURT for a while before it's rude to try me again

(As the guy MAKING the calls I don't want the power to continue the GAME to be in his court till I'm ready to stop aggressively playing....that's why I wouldn't leave messages until I'm ready to be passive in reaching folks)

I suppose that your number is "anonymous"- Caller ID blocked, as many are in Calif. I seem to have a lot of people comment to me that they "never answer blocked calls". You make some good points. If you call too many times, one might appear more desperate in their opinion instead of "persistent" as you see yourself.

Back