Leaving Messages

GIRLINBIZ

Expert
What are some of the messages you leave when prospecting for medicare supplements (mainly those turning 65)?

I am about to hire someone to do prospecting off the never ending lists, because I just don't have the time. I was just curious of how to keep it short and to the point.

What are some of the messages you leave when prospecting for medicare supplements (mainly those turning 65)?

I am about to hire someone to do prospecting off the never ending lists, because I just don't have the time. I was just curious of how to keep it short and to the point.

Messages are typically a waste of time... especially with seniors!

Why not just a very short message like "We need to discuss your Medicare coverage with you"

This could imply quite a few things, without being dishonest. The less detail, the more likely someone will call back.

Most seniors have caller ID, by the way. So, be aware of what goes with the message and craft what you say accordingly.

Why not just a very short message like "We need to discuss your Medicare coverage with you"

This could imply quite a few things, without being dishonest. The less detail, the more likely someone will call back.

Most seniors have caller ID, by the way. So, be aware of what goes with the message and craft what you say accordingly.

This is a BAD idea... This statement implies you are a Medicare employee or somehow affiliated with the government. ...a big "no-no"

This is a GOOD idea if...

-You enjoy lawsuits
-You hate the insurance business and don't want to keep your license
-You like to mislead old people because you get some type of strange pleasure from it

We always teach our agents to leave messages....

This is so and so from OVER HERE (like your right around the corner) at Complete Solutions, Im calling because I have some VERY GOOD NEWS to share with you.... blah blah blah

I bet you will get some seniors that pick up while your leaving a message.

I never leave messages. They are a total waste of time, especially if you even hint that the call is about insurance.

I have found that if you call a couple of times without leaving a message a lot of them will call the number on their caller ID to see who was calling. Remember, these people are old with not a whole lot to do during the day. haha

When they call me it goes something like this, "I seen (they usually say "seen" rather than using the correct word, "saw") your name on the caller ID thing and want to know what you want."

I never leave messages. They are a total waste of time, especially if you even hint that the call is about insurance.

I have found that if you call a couple of times without leaving a message a lot of them will call the number on their caller ID to see who was calling. Remember, these people are old with not a whole lot to do during the day. haha

When they call me it goes something like this, "I seen (they usually say "seen" rather than using the correct word, "saw") your name on the caller ID thing and want to know what you want."

SO Frank, I'm sure you get a lot of sales from those curious seniors wanting to know who called, several times without caring enough to leave a message.

Whoever taught you to not leave messages was dead wrong. If you get 1 call back out of 100, it's worth the left messages isn't it. Because if they call back from your message, they're interested right?

I train people on what to say and how to say it in their emails and voice messages and it works.

:yes:

"This is so and so from OVER HERE"

Great concept. Unless you are NOT "over here." Then, you are deceiving seniors.

How is "over here" deceiving?

If im two hours away, and say Im calling you from over here at Complete Solutions, how is that deceiving...

It would only be deceiving if I wasnt "over there" at Complete Solutions :goofy:

Also add "Good News" in the message, Everyone wants to know what the good News Is...

Back