Legal & Counsel Insurance

Can anyone with experience with this company tell me how they to work with ? Also, is contracting direct or through an FMO ? Any recommendations as to FMOs if that is the case ?I am interested in the new 40 year term life plan that they offer.

Legal & Geneal also known as Banner... has great underwriting, low term rates, & slick telesales process.... BUT... a few things make it very hard to do business with them in my opinion unless you're in a brick and mortar call center...

1. Their drop ticket system is great on paper but they call your clients back to do the interview & it's hard to get clients back on the phone. Me personally I'd rather use a carrier that uses iPipeline / iGo so I can do everything myself from start to finish. It might take an extra 10 mins to submit an app but unless you're in a call center doing 90 apps a month , the extra time doesn't hurt your production & more biz will stick.

2. Bad conversion options. They are a one trick pony. Can be a disaster for clients down the road.

3. Seems like they are the slowest out of all term carriers my company uses. Mutual of Omaha & Foresters are much faster.

4. Nobody has heard of them. They have several brand names. Mutual of Omaha has much better brand recognition even with the higher prices it's an easier sale.

I hope that helps!

Back