Legal Telemarketing Pitch?

I mean, if you sell someone a Supp and they feel that an Advantage was better suited. you could argue technically that the deal was obtained through a cold call, however at the point of sale they're from your Book of business. bottom line, you cant make a cold call and sell an advantage plan. but prospecting for supplements and having people call you back who may feel another option is better suited, and discussing those products at that point after a completed SOA, should leave you in the clear.

I guess if it makes you feel better. But CMS has made sure that loophole is closed. We study every year where it states that a MAPD plan cannot be sold when it originates from a cold call. Period

I guess if it makes you feel better. But CMS has made sure that loophole is closed. We study every year where it states that a MAPD plan cannot be sold when it originates from a cold call. Period

Not exactly. At least not how I've interpreted all these years.

If you are on a Med Supp appointment and they want to talk about MAPD, then pull out the scope and let them sign it, then continue with the sales pitch.

All CMS has ever said about this is that you can not cold call for MAs nor can you fake call for Med Supps when you're really trying to push MA.

If you are really calling for the Med Supp sale, then you can move forward.

Our agents market T65s btw. that being said, if a beneficiary wants to talk about other types of insurance, you can mention it, but not go into specific details. as long as they call back to go over those other products and you have your proper compliance in place (SCOPE SCOPE SCOPE etc...) you're fine. fully within the bounds of being compliant.

Nope. You can twist it all you want - but, if the initial contact was via outbound call with no prior relationship - you are not compliant . . . Good luck . . .

p.s. - you may want to save some of those commissions for fines and perhaps bail . . .

If you are on a Med Supp appointment and they want to talk about MAPD, then pull out the scope and let them sign it, then continue with the sales pitch.

All CMS has ever said about this is that you can not cold call for MAs nor can you fake call for Med Supps when you're really trying to push MA.

Ha - CMS won't agree - especially if they see a pattern of outbound first . . .

From the dozens of meetings I’ve been to, every company has said, “you better not sell MAPD if you plan on cold calling”.
You MUST have some form of consent to contact completed before presenting a MAPD plan.
You can’t go to a Med supp appt and then sell a MAPD if it originated from a cold call.

Do I sell both? Yes. I do BRC’s which is a consent to contact. I can go on an appt and whip out a scope if need be. You cannot do this from a cold call.

Yea, our agents books are all built on T65 Supps. super strong foundation for starting a book. However any beneficiary that finds it to be too expensive of an option; most after they've already secured the supp. should be able to get whatever product is best for them, advantage or otherwise.

From the dozens of meetings I’ve been to, every company has said, “you better not sell MAPD if you plan on cold calling”.
You MUST have some form of consent to contact completed before presenting a MAPD plan.
You can’t go to a Med supp appt and then sell a MAPD if it originated from a cold call.

Do I sell both? Yes. I do BRC’s which is a consent to contact. I can go on an appt and whip out a scope if need be. You cannot do this from a cold call.

I'm sorry if this is the way you understand it to be, but it is not the truth. If you are cold calling for Med Supps and you set the appointment, then the conversation turns to Med Advantage, would you really walk away from that business? Would you really do WRONG by the client?

Listen guys, being an FMO you get to experience all types of ways things are done and all kinds of different agents who do things differently. What I'm telling you is being done all the time (without the bait and switch tactic mind you).

That's all CMS really cares about is you doing the bait and switch thing. It's pretty easy to prove that you aren't doing that when you can show the number of people you;ve recently written Med Supps for.

I'm sorry if this is the way you understand it to be, but it is not the truth. If you are cold calling for Med Supps and you set the appointment, then the conversation turns to Med Advantage, would you really walk away from that business? Would you really do WRONG by the client?

Listen guys, being an FMO you get to experience all types of ways things are done and all kinds of different agents who do things differently. What I'm telling you is being done all the time (without the bait and switch tactic mind you).

That's all CMS really cares about is you doing the bait and switch thing. It's pretty easy to prove that you aren't doing that when you can show the number of people you;ve recently written Med Supps for.

We all take hundreds of tests to make sure that the paperwork, as well as the order of acquisition for each client meets certain guidelines. cant help but agree with you/\/\. as long as you're keeping within those parameters, and legitimately doing WHATS BEST FOR THE CLIENT. you in the clear partner! **Thumbs up

Back