Legal Telemarketing Pitch?

That’s what makes all these rules confusing. We can’t even get it straight.
assume, with any situation, you'll have to explain your choice in front of a panel of judges related to insurance..if knowing that, you're comfortable still moving forward...you've got my vote. :idea:

Not exactly. At least not how I've interpreted all these years.

If you are on a Med Supp appointment and they want to talk about MAPD, then pull out the scope and let them sign it, then continue with the sales pitch.

All CMS has ever said about this is that you can not cold call for MAs nor can you fake call for Med Supps when you're really trying to push MA.

If you are really calling for the Med Supp sale, then you can move forward.

So in this scenario you would have to put out bound call as the initial contact method.See the problem there?

So in this scenario you would have to put out bound call as the initial contact method.See the problem there?

You cant discuss additional products in the same meeting. you can mention Advantage but CAN NOT go into ANY plan/ policy specifics,. PERIOD. However, at that point if they chose to call you back to go over plans in more detail- you'll just need to schedule a new meeting, with a respective compliant scope... and go from there. It really depends on the order of operation you've completed, The Devils in the Details.

You cant discuss additional products in the same meeting. you can mention Advantage but CAN NOT go into ANY plan/ policy specifics,. PERIOD. However, at that point if they chose to call you back to go over plans in more detail- you'll just need to schedule a new meeting, with a respective compliant scope... and go from there. It really depends on the order of operation you've completed, The Devils in the Details.

So what would you put as the INITIAL contact method on SOA at second appointment. ? Seems to me it would still be OB? Not that some agents don't fudge this but that's how they get you.

So what would you put as the INITIAL contact method on SOA at second appointment. ? Seems to me it would still be OB? Not that some agents don't fudge this but that's how they get you.
personally If anyone mentions a different line of products than Supps. I tell them theyll need to call me back to discuss any other types of plans at a later time.
which isnt abnormal, in most cases we're calling people 6 months out and they'll call at the 3 month mark for Advantage. which would be 'Beneficiary called you.'

Anyone that listens to this fool is a fool . . .

Anyone that listens to this fool is a fool . . .
theyve been sayin it for years lol. But on a serious note- Go to CMS and try to find something written by them that helps elaborate on your concerns and we can go through it from there. Also feel free to PM me if that better suits you.

It’s pretty plain and simple. Printed right here on section 40.3 on the Medicare communications and Marketing guidelines

“Plans/Part D sponsors, and their agents/brokers, may not conduct telephonic activities that include, but are not limited to, the following:
 Unsolicited calls about other business as a means of generating leads for Medicare plans (e.g., bait and switch strategies);”

“Plans/Part D sponsors and their agents/brokers may not make unsolicited telephone calls to prospective enrollees.”

Back