Legal Telemarketing Pitch?

thats only if it results from a sale on that call. is this where we're separated on the matter?

where would you stand if it was established on the first call that its a no-go on the Supp- due to affordability(COLD CALL). and MA would be better. They call you back at a later time to set up an appointment to go over alternative plans, which turns into an MA sale. would you be in the clear?

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

In the last decade I’ve not seen one agent get in any trouble for doing what is best for the client when in the home. I’ve been a GM for one of the largest captive agencies in America, in addition to spending a lot of time in the field myself. Again, never have I seen this happen.

Talk to the legal or marketing department of your favored MA carrier. They will tell you the same.

This is one area where I would not take advice from someone on this forum.

If you sell UHC/AARP, you could never sell a tele marketed lead if the draconian interpretation of these rules were applied. Their medsup guidelines mirror CMS guidelines for MA. I’m sure many against MA sales, in this scenerio, have violated these guidelines and sold UHC medsup.

It doesn’t serve agents to have misinformation spread about this. They are needlessly paranoid about the boogeyman that doesn’t exist. The end result is that they don’t make the sale that pays the bills or feeds their family because of what some random person on the internet said

I’m with you Todd. By the way, so is every major carrier and Medicare. Call them and say you are in a Medicare supplement sales call and the client wants a MA plan. They will tell you to scope and proceed.

Back