Legitimate "Second to Die" Term...

WMG

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
NY/NJ
Hello everyone -- yes, I know second to die no-lapse guarantee UL or secondary guarantee UL can be made to behave, look like, and end up like second to die term...but does legitimate second to die term exist?

Are there carriers that offer a straight term product, second to die?

I've played with enough NLG/SGUL products to see how they can be designed to be second to die "term" -- zero cash value, $1 cash value, no access to whatever cash value was there if any, and so on. However, I was more looking for a legitimate second to die term product and wanted to know if it exists.

Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone -- yes, I know second to die no-lapse guarantee UL or secondary guarantee UL can be made to behave, look like, and end up like second to die term...but does legitimate second to die term exist?

Are there carriers that offer a straight term product, second to die?

I've played with enough NLG/SGUL products to see how they can be designed to be second to die "term" -- zero cash value, $1 cash value, no access to whatever cash value was there if any, and so on. However, I was more looking for a legitimate second to die term product and wanted to know if it exists.

Thank you in advance.

Protective has survivorship term.

Is it convertible to a second-to-die UL product? Hard for me to envision a term second-to-die being useful. I'm sure there is some situation where it makes sense ....

Is it convertible to a second-to-die UL product? Hard for me to envision a term second-to-die being useful. I'm sure there is some situation where it makes sense ....

Protective's definitely is...I thought JH got rid of theirs but I guess not. Most of JH's products are convertible though so I would guess probably.

You're right, it's not really a high demand product but nice to have if you have a short term estate issue or temporary cash flow problems.

Back