LEP Drug Cov credible cov?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
TN
I have a client signed up for Aetna PDP, He had retired at 68. He received a letter from Aetna on Christmas eve, The letter was dated 11/20/18 ( a date before he received the letter), saying he had till 12/20 to call and that he is facing a penalty

I told him to call and do attestation of credible coverage When he called he was told sorry it's out of Aetna's hands and he now needs to call something called Maximus?

The number they gave him to call this maximus was fax number to boot

Needless to say, he is very upset, His effective is 01/01 he has cov till 01/01, What does he need to do now to get rid of this penalty since Aetna is not willing to do it, should I send him to Social security?

If he is currently on another PDP plan which he could tolerate for another year, he could remove himself from the Aetna customer service nightmare by cancelling the enrollment in the new Aetna plan before 12/31, as discussed in another recent thread. As I understand the discussion in the other thread, that would then return him to his enrollment in his current PDP for another year.

If he is currently on another PDP plan which he could tolerate for another year, he could remove himself from the Aetna customer service nightmare by cancelling the enrollment in the new Aetna plan before 12/31, as discussed in another recent thread. As I understand the discussion in the other thread, that would then return him to his enrollment in his current PDP for another year.

Stop providing errant advice until you are licensed. Then, think twice before posting

Elaborate. What does your advice have to do with lep penalty??

The most amazing thing is that our lost dollar friend didn't jump on the OP's misspelling of "creditable," as in "getting credit for." "Credible" means "believable," as has been pointed out on this forum countless times, as opposed to creditable, meaning "getting credit for."

Woulda thought our resident Medicare nerd would have been all over that one!

The most amazing thing is that our lost dollar friend didn't jump on the OP's misspelling of "creditable," as in "getting credit for." "Credible" means "believable," as has been pointed out on this forum countless times, as opposed to creditable, meaning "getting credit for."

Woulda thought our resident Medicare nerd would have been all over that one!

:D:D:D

Trying to fix these:

Credible -- Creditable
Prostrate -- Prostate
Preventative -- Preventive
AARP Insurance Company -- UHC

is like pi$$ing into the wind. All you do is get wet.

Latest posts

Back