Let the AEP Games Begin!

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
I am working on a big ol' stack of drug lists, I have collected all Summer. As I am putting them in the Medicare.gov drug finder, I am noticing that the generic for Crestor (rosuvastatin) is coming up as T3 or Not on Formulary. I know it is a brand new generic, but how long will it take for the price to stabilize and possibly show on a plan's T1 or T2 list?
I know we went through this with Lipitor, but atorvastatin was not the same price as Lipitor at the beginning.
I'm trying to give my clients some heads up that the generic for Crestor will eventually be less expensive. . .

I am working on a big ol' stack of drug lists, I have collected all Summer. As I am putting them in the Medicare.gov drug finder, I am noticing that the generic for Crestor (rosuvastatin) is coming up as T3 or Not on Formulary. I know it is a brand new generic, but how long will it take for the price to stabilize and possibly show on a plan's T1 or T2 list?
I know we went through this with Lipitor, but atorvastatin was not the same price as Lipitor at the beginning.
I'm trying to give my clients some heads up that the generic for Crestor will eventually be less expensive. . .

Wellll.....tell them to call their Congressman....

AstraZenica sued, because they got it approved for pediatric care and they think that should either extend the patent or make it impossible for any other company to distribute it.

I can't find any record of it being decided. There's usually a 6 month lag between approval and it being on the shelves, so maybe June?

As I am putting them in the Medicare.gov drug finder. .

Did you notice weird things today on Plan Finders?? The Medicare web site was displaying wrong results. For my Humana clients going to CVS, it was indicating CVS was "out of network" and insured pays all costs. I gave up. Will try again tomorrow.
I would say generic Crestor would probably be tier 2 by spring. Just my guess.

Did you notice weird things today on Plan Finders?? The Medicare web site was displaying wrong results. For my Humana clients going to CVS, it was indicating CVS was "out of network" and insured pays all costs. I gave up. Will try again tomorrow.
I would say generic Crestor would probably be tier 2 by spring. Just my guess.

Yes! Had same problem. I believe there was bugs last year in the system too.

One thing that I did like was the sanctioned plans were right front and center.
So far, no major glitches. Some weird stuff, like Crestor. Always double check with the plan to make sure, but I find MC.gov to be close enough for government work.

Latest posts

Back